This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Navigating through the forum

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
twadoux
Registered Member

Navigating through the forum

Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:18 pm
Hi,

I am new to this forum, so i may have missed the button.

In most forums I have been used to, there were a convenient way, when reading a discussion to get back to the sub-forum where it was.
( Eg : Index / KDE Community / Forum Feedback / My_Topic_I_am_currently_browsing )

Now when reading a topic, I can't easily get back to the sub forum I am interested in and need to go back to index then down again.
(in my case, Index / KDE Software / Development / KDevelop)

So did I miss an obvious button, or can this suggestion be submitted somehow to ease navigation through the forum ?

Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Navigating through the forum

Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:57 pm
You should have a look at the bottom black panel of your browser window, there you will find the navigation links you are looking for. The Panel is dynamic and always visible when you are in the KDE forums.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
dummytester
Registered Member
OS

Re: Navigating through the forum

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:45 am
That panel is incredibly easy to miss, see e.g..

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=141552

and I know I made a similar suggestion many years ago.