This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Could Y'all put OpenMandriva in the list of OS's?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
benbullard
Registered Member
OS
Yes could Y'all put OpenMandriva in the list of KDE Linux operating systems?
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Mandriva is not enough?

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
benbullard
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:Mandriva is not enough?

No Mandriva went out of business in 2012 and no longer exists. Legally the Mandriva code was inherited by OpenMandriva Association with the distribution name now being OpenMandriva Lx or simply OpenMandriva.

OpenMandriva Association is an all volunteer organization chartered as a 1915 non-profit in Paris.

OpenMandriva is, like Mandrake/Mandriva, very KDE centric with Plasma 5 as the main desktop for the current release OpenMandriva Lx 3 and also our upcoming release of Lx 4. We also officially support the LXQt desktop. However I can say KDE/Plasma 5 does get more time and energy from our developers at this time. I will ask in our next Technical Committee meeting is any of our devs ever have commits with KDE for whatever that may be worth.

FWIW: I am a member of the governing council and the OM QA-Team.

Any consideration of this would be greatly appreciated by me and OMA. If it would help I can have someone with better knowledge of the situation around Mandriva bankruptcy and the inception of OMA. I am neither a keen legal mind or a French speaker myself so not really an expert voice in this regard.