This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

KDE Identity? Whoa whoa, no thanks

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
photonfanatic
Registered Member

KDE Identity? Whoa whoa, no thanks

Wed May 15, 2019 2:02 am
What's all this "identity" stuff? Like most people here, I just used a standard screen name, and a typical anonymous email. So what exactly are you wanting to know about my "identity"? I view this as a big strike against you, and it certainly goes against the linux spirit. That of high levels of privacy and security. If its not intended to be that way, then I'm afraid you've named it wrong. "Identity" is certainly sensitive issue these days. Just my $0.02
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Really it's just talking about facilitating collaboration within the KDE community by using a common username+password across various KDE-related sites. The identity is just referring to identifying you as a contributor to the KDE community (through your forum posts and other interactions in KDE-related sites). There's nothing nefarious going on and it's not like they're out to steal your private information using it.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
the KDE community (primarily those responsible for maintaining the KDE Identity infrastructure)

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.