This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Your image can only be 720px wide

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ychaouche
Registered Member
OS

Your image can only be 720px wide

Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:26 pm
This is an interesting limit. When I try to link an image from imgur that's larger than that, the forum system refuses my post. It is usual in blogging or wiki software to accept any size for images, display them as thumbnails with links to the original image, rather than flatly refuse the post.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
this entirely depends on the subforum you try to post to, not all restrictions are the same.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Graham Perrin
Registered Member
My second attempt to make a third post to the forum. Frustrating. >:(

With respect: 720 pixels seems to be absurdly narrow for any forum, or sub-forum, that caters for a desktop environment (such as KDE Plasma).

I could understand if, say, the forum was hosting the image, in which case storage might be a concern, but it's not …

I can use thumbnails, but this seems weird, compared to other modern forums. A barrier to initial engagement.