This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Keen on contributing to KDE suite

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mo
Registered Member

Keen on contributing to KDE suite

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:54 am
Hello Admin,

I have recently found out about KDE and I'm really keen on contributing to this suite. In particular, I'm interested in contributing to one of the following:

1. Gwenview
2. Krita
3. ROCS

I'm not a beginner in programming and I have been in the industry for 2 years. However, I'm a beginner in C++ and my primary motivation to contribute to KDE is to improve my coding skills and have a better understanding of C++.

I found out about the Season of KDE where we get the opportunity to do mentored projects. Although the deadlines have been crossed, is it still possible to contribute and be mentored at this point in time? If so, what are the next steps that I must take to continue?

I hope this is the right place to communicate our interests to become a contributor.

Hoping for a positive response. Thank you for your time.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
you should try to get in touch with the individual projects directly on their mailing lists, that is a much better approach. You should be able to find those easily on our websites.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...