This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Elisa missing from dropdown box for kde applications.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MonkeyHanger
Registered Member
When posting a question on kde forum I couldn't select Elisa because it was missing from the drop down box.
MonkeyHanger
Registered Member
Since I can't ask in a more appropriate place, here are the bugs I've seen:
1. When restarting elisa after restarting the computer the program can lose its position in the playlist. Clicking the "Show Current Track" button before closing seems to help sometimes, but not often.
2. Elisa scans the music files automatically, but doesn't seem to know when to stop. If you click on "Artist" on the left hand side then select an artist there can be several copies of the same album.
3. Elisa has lost the last playlist completely after restarting the computer.
4. Sometimes scrolling through the albums crashes elisa.
5. The "now playing" pane sometimes shows the track data collapsed onto one line.
6. Elisa sometimes loses the album covers.
7. The "now playing" pane sometimes shows no track data at all.
8. It is impossible to scroll through a playlist using the scroll bar, or pgdn/pgup/home/end keys.
9. Can stop working altogether. Even after clearing the playlist and loading in an old one, no songs are shown and nothing can be played.
10. Even after clearing the play list and shutting down the program, the next time the computer is started it reverts to the old play list and currently playing song.
11. Force file system indexing made no difference.
12. Deleted the file elisaDatabase.db from ~/.local/share/elisa/ The database was quickly repopulated with multiple copies of the albums.
I'm using Ubuntu Studio 21.04, with Plasma/KDE.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
Bug reports do not belong to the forum, but on https://bugs.kde.org

For general questions about Elisa, please ask in the Graphics & Multimedia sub-forum: viewforum.php?f=19

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...