This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

KDE Eco forum?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-joseph
Registered Member

KDE Eco forum?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:11 am
My name is Joseph P. De Veaugh-Geiss. As of 1 July, I am working at KDE as Project and Community Manager for the BE4FOSS project.

KDE Eco is the umbrella term for (i) "FOSS Energy Efficiency Project" (FEEP) and (ii) "Blauer Engel for FOSS" (BE4FOSS). These KDE projects aim to provide guidelines and support to KDE/FOSS communities in the development of eco-friendly software. This includes optimization of software so it uses less energy when running, for example, or so that it can run on older or less powerful hardware, thus generating less waste.

I think a "KDE Eco" forum (perhaps under "Contributions & Development") would be helpful for the community in achieving these goals. Would something like that be possible to set up?

Thank you!
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: KDE Eco forum?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:22 am
Hi Joseph and welcome!

Of course this can be set up, but please file a sysadmin ticket for this at https://go.kde.org/systickets

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
kde-joseph
Registered Member

Re: KDE Eco forum?

Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:34 am
Thank you!