This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

how can I bookmark a subforum on my home page

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dbyy
Registered Member
OS
Is that possible?
I would like to jump straight to 'my' sub-forum from my home page.
Currently I'm interested in only one sub-forum.

Please advise.

Wanna go fishing - come to Ontario, Canada

using Linux Mint v 20.3 (Una) with Cinnamon/Mate.
Mamarok
Manager
OS
You talk about the direct links in Facebook? Every sub-forum has a distinct web address, so of course you can bookmark it the same way you do with other web pages

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
dbyy
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:You talk about the direct links in Facebook? Every sub-forum has a distinct web address, so of course you can bookmark it the same way you do with other web pages

No Mamarok,

I'm talking about a bookmark in phpBB (forums.kd.org).

Mamarok
Manager
OS
AFAIK this function exists only for topics, not for a sub-forum. Bout you can set browser bookmarks as every sub-forum and topic have individual URLs

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
dbyy
Registered Member
OS
Mamarok wrote:AFAIK this function exists only for topics, not for a sub-forum. Bout you can set browser bookmarks as every sub-forum and topic have individual URLs

Well this functioning (well) only in theory.
When I arriving at the sub-forum page through a URL link, I still have to login (most the time) and then I'm ending up at "https://forum.kde.org/index.php".
And from there I have to navigate though the forums index again. That's kind of counter productive.
It's not was I was hoping to accomplish
Thanks anyway for posting.

Mamarok
Manager
OS
You can set the forum to remember your login, then this doesn't happen....