This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

I need to ask a question

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
boristhecat
Registered Member

I need to ask a question

Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:48 am
So I came here as I have just installed KDE on a Windows 10 machine. But where is the section for support? Where can I ask questions?
chiangong
Registered Member

Re: I need to ask a question

Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:54 am
Just like you I'm learning how to use the forum I have been wondering around too..
boristhecat
Registered Member

Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:20 pm
It's looking like it's not used very often tbh
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:27 pm
chiangong wrote:Just like you I'm learning how to use the forum I have been wondering around too..

How can we know what you need help for if you don't actually ask your question?
The forum is organized by sections, you can easily start a New Topic and choose the application in a menu, or search for already asked questions (most have been asked already, trust me!)

When asking questions make sure to specify the version of the application you are asking about (can be found in the Help section of the menu in each application).

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
boristhecat
Registered Member

Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:37 am
I did ask for help finding where to get support after installing KDE. There is no clear forum for support. That's my question, where do I ask for support of KDE???
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm
Here, just ask your question.

Depending on your actual question I will move the post to the right section.

And when you say KDE I guess you mean the Plasma desktop, as KDE is the community behind the software, e.g. us

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...