This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Kde neon backup

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
phiill
Registered Member

Kde neon backup

Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:44 pm
Hello, I hope someone help me cause I didn't find very helpful thing on the net.

I've recently hoped from manjaro to kde neon to finally arch Linux.
At the time I was using kde neon. I used the built in backup tool which is included in the kde OS setting which created a folder structure for me.
I thought naively that I surely could restore my file after if I had the folder structure that kde neon backup setting generated for me.

But now I'm on arch and I can't find anything about how to restore those file I've also look into kBackup but nothing seam to apply.

Hope nothing I've say will offense anyone And let me know if I you need more detail to help me or if I've been disrespectful in anyway.

PS: English is not my fist language so excuse me for mistake.
claydoh
Registered Member
OS

Re: Kde neon backup  Topic is solved

Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:43 pm
In Arch, make sure you have Kup backup installed. This is what the backup software is called. it isn't a default application everywhere, so you probably don't have it installed.

Then, in the System Setting module for Backups, you will see the 'Open and Restore from existing backups' button.
Then, you can browse to the location of the backup files you made

claydoh, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct, and KDE user since 2001
phiill
Registered Member

Re: Kde neon backup

Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:15 pm
thanks a lot claydoh I don't know If I would had known that's the program I needed was Kup