This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Any chance for decent forum software?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
KomraDE
Registered Member
OS

Any chance for decent forum software?

Sun May 21, 2023 10:38 am
Howdy!

It pains me little to ask this but is there any revamp planned for this forum?

* Embedding pictures is weird (limit of 720p instead of scaling down which actually triggered this question). And one has to up them somewhere else first.
* One cannot vote up or thank for answers.
* Editor turns painful if you want to do more than some little text (eg XDA has is done nicely)

Otherwise I like its clean design and functions (search works as intended, unlike so many others site I know).

Take a good look, children. It will prepare you for your adult lives in our nightmarish corporate system.
Stetsbequem
Registered Member
OS
The full program including all the chinese-style social nonsense you get after free registration on (see also the note above): https://discuss.kde.org/

Hth ;-)

The Social Credit System is a credit rating and blacklist being developed by the the ruling Chinese Communist Party. The goal is total control of the population by awarding points for desirable behavior, or withdrawing them for negative behavior.
KomraDE
Registered Member
OS
Yeah, shortly after I realized that, too *selfslap* Thanks!

Take a good look, children. It will prepare you for your adult lives in our nightmarish corporate system.