This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

[SOLVED] Solved threads should not be locked

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Alec
Registered Member
OS
I think that locking threads after "it's solved" is a really bad idea.

First of all, it discourages further discussion. Once the original person solved the issue, no one can ask for specifics or anything else.

Secondly, someone else who has a similar issue can not ask for help or clarifications in that thread. Instead, they have to start a new thread onto which the people who know the solution to the problem are not subscribed (via Jabberbot for example).

While I think that marking threads as "Solved" is a good idea, locking it afterwards seems totally counterproductive.

Get problems solved faster - get reply notifications through Jabber!
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
After some thinking i came to the point that it really may not be that good... ;)

So i disabled it with a quick hack for now. I will mark this thread as SOLVED now and if someone wants to discuss this more, he/she can.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
Blizzz
Registered Member
OS
I appreciate this, too.

Alec
Registered Member
OS
Thanks!

Just wanted to mention, though, that after I received your message, the thread got closed, after which I clicked "It's solved" which gave me a page that said it's already solved, and it got unlocked... Not sure why that happened (cache maybe?) but this is just a "heads up."

Get problems solved faster - get reply notifications through Jabber!
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
That might have been because i closed it myself maybe short before you :)

Nevertheless it should now work like expected. If there are still problems, ask.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.