This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Do you use the Sidebar?

Do you use the Sidebar?

Yes
19%
No
81%

Total votes : 16

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Do you use the Sidebar?

Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:56 am
Hi Everyone,

We would like to know how much everyone uses the sidebar as part of browsing the KDE Community Forums. We will be using this to evaluate our current design.

Cast your vote today!
KDE Community Forums staff

Last edited by bcooksley on Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
furanku
Registered Member
OS

RE: Do you use the Sidebar?

Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:37 pm
You mean the "Forum: Home/Portal/Serach ... About KDE: What ... " Links to the left of the board list?

No, I don't use it. The Links are to general to be really useful to me. Something more board and personal related like "My Posts", "New posts since your last visit", "Unanswerd Posts" oder "Newly solved problems" would be of more use to me.

[Edit:] I know that these links are already availible in the top bar of the forum. I just wanted to give an example what kind of quick links would be useful IMHO.

Last edited by furanku on Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sayakb
Administrator
OS

Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:20 pm
furanku wrote:You mean the "Forum: Home/Portal/Serach ... About KDE: What ... " Links to the left of the board list?

No, I don't use it. The Links are to general to be really useful to me. Something more board and personal related like "My Posts", "New posts since your last visit", "Unanswerd Posts" oder "Newly solved problems" would be of more use to me.

[Edit:] I know that these links are already availible in the top bar of the forum. I just wanted to give an example what kind of quick links would be useful IMHO.

Sidebar would be the one with the "Forum", "About KDE", "Explore" and "Download" links on the left side of the forum homepage.

zakonnik
Registered Member
OS

Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:42 am
I'm not using them as well. Used to visit kde.org if I need to get some info about KDE. To be honest, I even didn't know they are there... because sidebar only shows up on main page :)

HP Pavilion dv9680
Slackware64-current | kernel 2.6.32 | kde 4.4beta2 | QT 4.6 | opera 10.10
john_hudson
Registered Member
OS

Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:39 pm
I used the sidebar regularly but only for one or two of the links, e.g. Forum, KDE Family

John Hudson, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
ComaWhite
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:34 pm
I use the sidebar for the tutorials, release schedule etc

KDE Version: 4.6 (Beta 2) | Qt Version: 4.7.1
Aki IRC Developer http://www.akiirc.org/
eDog
Registered Member
OS