This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

New category?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Regenwald
Registered Member

New category?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:42 pm
just had an idea for another category: suggestions & wishes.
ok, i know, we're just users but sometimes it's nice to have direct connection to developers to let us share our ideas, improvements or suggestions. i think that this forum should give an "newbie"/noobie kde-user the opportunity to talk to specific devs to share feedback etc. it haven't any sense to critize something in other user forum (think of ubuntu/fedora/opensuse/mandriva etc. user forum, where just a few devs are reading their posts).
Thanks for thinking? about it ;)

Regenwald, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

RE: New category?

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Regenwald wrote:we're just users

Excuse me?
just users?
Don't ever say or think that!
You (and we) are THE USERS...

KDE is not... some random large software company from Redmond (too early for lawsuits ;) )...

Regenwald wrote:sometimes it's nice to have direct connection to developers to let us share our ideas, improvements or suggestions.

That's exactly what we thought, which is why we created the forums 'Discussions & Opinions'... (Should we rename these forums to 'Suggestions & Opinions' or similar, to make this more clear?)

And on top of that, development teams are invited to host their own forums here (under some conditions), to bring them even closer to their users.

Cheers,
Rob

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
Regenwald
Registered Member

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:18 pm
OhReally wrote:
Regenwald wrote:we're just users

Excuse me?
just users?
Don't ever say or think that!
You (and we) are THE USERS...

KDE is not... some random large software company from Redmond (too early for lawsuits ;) )...

Regenwald wrote:sometimes it's nice to have direct connection to developers to let us share our ideas, improvements or suggestions.

That's exactly what we thought, which is why we created the forums 'Discussions & Opinions'... (Should we rename these forums to 'Suggestions & Opinions' or similar, to make this more clear?)

And on top of that, development teams are invited to host their own forums here (under some conditions), to bring them even closer to their users.

Cheers,
Rob

so, sorry ;)
didn't mean it that worse^^
ok, so I think that it would be more clear if there is something like this:
"Discussions & Opinions - Suggestions? Opinions? If you just want to tell your opinion or discuss something, so this the right place for it"
my propose :)
greets

neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:24 pm
Proposal reviewed and implemented :)
Thx for the input.

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
Regenwald
Registered Member

Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:19 pm
neverendingo wrote:Proposal reviewed and implemented :)
Thx for the input.

Thank you (ich dank dir ;) )