This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Wish: View my recent posts

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Andre
Registered Member

Wish: View my recent posts

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:03 am
If I answered in a thread I like to sometimes just check that thread quickly, if there was any new activity. Now that this forum isn't overly active yet, thats possible with the "View new Posts" button. I fear (or better, hope) that will change in the future. In that case it would be harder to check your own threads. Thus I think it would be nice if there was also a button to check only the threads where I was last active. Something like a "View my recent posts". I'm not sure about the wording, though.

'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' ~Terry Pratchett

'It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.' ~J.D. Salinger
Riinse
Registered Member
OS

RE: Wish: View my recent posts

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:24 am
I'm getting notification emails from the threads i posted in, so i can keep track on the activity in those threads

Riinse, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
michael4910
Alumni
OS

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:31 am
Well, I'd prefer an overview here in the forum more than email notification...

In the user's control panel there are some listviews like "my last posts", "my last threads" - but that what would be great is: "answers in threads where I posted", isn't it?

michael4910, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
Andre
Registered Member

Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:47 am
Yes, Michael, that's a possibility. Do you mean by showing the posts themselves? Because I meant the threads (just like the "Show new posts" overview).

Riinse, the mail notification is nice, but it's not as easily accessible as a button on the front page. Also, if I'm already browsing the Forum, I don't want to switch to my mail to get the information!

Last edited by Andre on Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' ~Terry Pratchett

'It's funny. All you have to do is say something nobody understands and they'll do practically anything you want them to.' ~J.D. Salinger
Jucato
Registered Member
OS

Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:46 am
You could also Bookmark your User CP -> Subscribed Threads. That has the advantage of showing new replies not only to your own threads, but also to threads you haven't replied to but chose to subscribe.

Jucato, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.