This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

[firefox][brainstorm] scrolling is rough

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
RRH
Registered Member
OS
hello,

I use firefox 3.5.2 (shiretoko to be more precise) and found KDE brainstorm is not user friendly for it. Namely its AJAX is freezing my browser. (can't even go to another tab) When it is loaded the scrolling is not smooth. The little menu at the bottom of the page is flickering and content is more and more "****".

I want to emphasise that is not Konqueror's case - brainstorm in this browser is really user freindly, scrolling is smooth and no content is flickering.

Having opportunity I'd like to praise the brainstorm idea. :)

ps
maybe the firefox is brainstorming? :D
sayakb
Administrator
OS
That floating bar is definitely not the best thing to have. We'll find a workaround for it.

Can you post a bug report about this at bugs.kde.org (Ref: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=81907)

Thanks.

Hans
Administrator
OS
Do you have smooth scrolling enabled?

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Alec
Registered Member
OS
What's interesting is that in Konqueror, I get a huge grey area on the right.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4723/89519319.png

I thought everything was supposed to work well in Firefox.

Get problems solved faster - get reply notifications through Jabber!
sayakb
Administrator
OS
Alec wrote:What's interesting is that in Konqueror, I get a huge grey area on the right.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/4723/89519319.png

I thought everything was supposed to work well in Firefox.
Wow, just noticed that. :o
This isn't a Brainstorm issue, but a global issue. I am not the design guy, but I am assuming this should be easily fixable. Thanks for reporting.

sayakb
Administrator
OS
Just to update this old thread, the scrolling issue has been fixed (and released iirc).

Marking this thread as solved.