This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Just how do I add a signature to my posts?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ajohn
Registered Member
OS
Great start. just joined. I searched for how to add a signature to my posts and found an answer that basically said add it to my profile.

;) Problem I can't seem to find a link to my profile. If I just click on my user name I get a view of it but nothing else and no way of adding it.

John

John

OpenSuse 12.3 64bit KDE 4.10.5
3.6ghz xeon
HP Z420

-
Hans
Administrator
OS
Hi John and welcome to the forums!

To change your signature, go to User Control Panel (link in the gray box below the banner) -> Profile -> Edit signature.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
ajohn
Registered Member
OS
Thanks. I just don't know how I missed it as that's the sort of link I was looking for.

But it tells me I am not allowed to use a signature.

John

John

3.6ghz xeon
HP Z420

-
Hans
Administrator
OS
It's probably due to the spam protection system - many spambots register users and post links in their signature, therefore this forum doesn't allow users with less than x posts to edit their signature. I can't remember exactly what x is set to, but I think 2 posts should be enough so please try again.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
ajohn
Registered Member
OS
Thanks. It seems to be more than 2. No problem though really. It just that I think it's worth listing what I am using if I ask any questions,

John

John

3.6ghz xeon
HP Z420

-
Hans
Administrator
OS
I just checked and you need 5 posts or more. You're getting closer and closer... ;)

Can you tell me what message you get when you try to change the signature? If it's unclear, we might want to change that to inform users what's going on.