This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

How do I contact a moderator?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Shabakthanai
Registered Member
OS

How do I contact a moderator?  Topic is solved

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:23 pm
Hi,

I just took a look at my postings and saw a response to a posting using my username that was not my reply. It is titled "Any KDE Twitter App with list support" Tues. April 19, 2011 4:07 pm.

I know nothing about Twitter at all and could not have made the recommendation as entered.

I have had my username for about 20 years without challenge from anyone. I don't know how this happened.

I may be doing something wrong in the forum without knowing. Over the years I have mostly been helped by others, however recently I have had the ability to help others as well. I never really thought about whether I have the authority to try to help someone else, so when I have help for others on the forum, I explain my qualifications, or lack of qualifications prior to providing the information I have to help them.

It occurs to me that perhaps I should not offer comments due to my lack of qualifications. I am most interested in observing the forum rules and policies and am unaware of any conditions for helping others.

Nevertheless, many times, when having to wait long periods of time for a solution for a problem, I would love to have the answer provided by anyone with the appropriate answer, regardless of their qualifications. It is that spirit I have answered posts where my confidence is high that my answer is correct and will not harm the person needing the information. Still, I do not want to contribute to a post, if that is reserved for experts.

My username is Shabakthanai. I am registered with the forum and want to be beneficial to it and also help others where I am able. I am so very appreciative of the help I have received from the various Kubuntu, KDE, PCLOS, Mint and other forums over the years, and look forward to the times where I can return the kindness.

Is it appropriate for me to answer a question on the forum? I have always felt that was a duty in the past. Thanks!

Shabakthanai

C:\Users\steven>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : woh.rr.com
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::7936:7790:8ed7:1fb1%11
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.100
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Tunnel adapter isatap.woh.rr.com:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : woh.rr.com

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:c11:2f1e:9de3:6c85
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c11:2f1e:9de3:6c85%13
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Last edited by Shabakthanai on Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: How do I contact a moderator?

Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:45 pm
You seem to move a lot, as there are not less than 4 different IP adresses associated with your nick. I will ask one of the forum administrators to have a look at that.

And yes, of course you can answer questions if you know the answer :)

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
Hans
Administrator
OS

Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:06 pm
To contact the forum administrators you can use the email forum-admin@kde.org. It's also listed at the bottom of the page ("For more details, contact the Forum Administrators.")

As a first step, if you believe someone else has access to your account, I would recommend that you change your password in the User Control Panel. If you use the same user name/password combination in other places you should change those as well.

Regarding the qualifications to answer questions - this is a community forum where we users help each others out, you don't need any special qualifications. Don't hesitate to reply if you believe that you can help.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Shabakthanai
Registered Member
OS

Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:54 pm
Mamarok wrote:You seem to move a lot, as there are not less than 4 different IP adresses associated with your nick. I will ask one of the forum administrators to have a look at that.

I have lived and posted from the same address for 8 years now. I have changed from at&t dsl Internet provider to Road Runner cable a couple of years ago, and I believe my current IP address is 192.168.0.111. I do not remember if I received a different address on the change, however, I do not understand that portion of computing very well, because I have lived alone for about 20 years now and only have a single computer at the moment. There is no network attached to my address other than the Internet.

Thanks for the reply. On the subject of my entering any useful information, I am not very experienced and/or knowledgeable about much of computer operation, but I am rather well instructed in the areas I am willing to help. I consider myself a newbie, because I have never had to use a computer in the business world and have used my computer mostly since being retired from the workforce. As a result I did not get any of the day to day experience of people who used computers in their work or for serious applications. As a consequence I have felt some guilt taking the time of the experts, yet have had to either seek help or give up the daily use of my computer. I am very grateful for the help I get and desire to help others with those things I am competent. My inexperience has drawn criticism over the years and caused me to provide input only when an answer I have good information about has been pretty much unattended by the pros. Also, I might step in to help people of similar inexperience as mine, because things that we are assumed to know or expected to know causes us to become intimidated by those who have little patience. I will continue to follow that practice because that seems work pretty well, as evidence by personal emails thanking me for the neophyte and overly thorough way I sometimes communicate my answer.

My weakness, although getting stronger each year, is the use of command line. I only hope I become a bit more proficient prior to my final retirement to RIP.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS

Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:26 pm
Shabakthanai wrote:
[b][color=#008080]I have lived and posted from the same address for 8 years now. I have changed from at&t dsl Internet provider to Road Runner cable a couple of years ago, and I believe my current IP address is 192.168.0.111.

This is your IP in your home network (even though there are no more computers), so basically the IP address you have between your computer and your router/modem. The Internet address should be a different one.

However, what wonders me (and i hope i got it right) is that there is a post with your username but not from you? In that case you indeed should change your PW as soon as possible. And keep us updated if you notice that again.

As for answering questions, any hint for any problem is welcome, like the others already said. Notice the title of this forum: "KDE Community Forums" ;) I guess that says it all. Anyone is welcome to share experience.

Cheerio,
Ingo

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.