This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.
Only forum.kde.org related discussions fall in the scope of the Forum Feedback area. Please take a minute to find the appropriate section for your query before posting here.

Function wish|forum nav in bottom of page

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
of_darkness
Registered Member
often you read a tread youre at the bottom of the page,and then you either have to do a klick on return to top or scroll upp to be able to go uppwards in the forums tree and that takes time.

i now proposing a way round it, by having the "KDE forums / Forum / Feedback / New Thread" at the bottom of the page 2 but in a smaller font that is down there.

that would save time and energy when browsing the forum and mouse/keabord battery:P

of_darkness, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.
neverendingo
Administrator
OS
What about the forum jump under every page diplayed? The currently active section is already displayed, so you only need to click on "Go" to go to the full thread view.
Is that helpful?

New to KDE Software? - get help from Userbase or ask questions on the Forums
Communicate.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Alternatively you could just press the "Home" key which in Konqueror ( KDE 4 ) jumps to the top of the page.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
of_darkness
Registered Member
neverendingo wrote:What about the forum jump under every page diplayed? The currently active section is already displayed, so you only need to click on "Go" to go to the full thread view.
Is that helpful?

well partly but not fully, 4one jump upp its fine but for 2 jumps upp one neads 2 select the parent forum of the parent forum, as im now intested 2 go back to users.

and for me the extra time time navigate is one that i do not realy have:/ so i don knead to bea able at time 2 quickly navigate the forum and the selections on top is the fastet way to select wich parent to go to.

and beacuse i dont rember wich forum that had new posts i cant use the forum jump to go directly there either, and next newst i mint find my self in a tread that i would not ewen have looked at just markt unread.[hr]
bcooksley wrote:Alternatively you could just press the "Home" key which in Konqueror ( KDE 4 ) jumps to the top of the page.

well im using opera at the moment but rewind screvs upp the go back keay as i would otherwise have my full history if i find that i nead 2 go back:/

and still a forum nav text in the bottom would be faster as the mouse would be in the lower part of the screen...[hr]
and another reason is to make it unmark those forums that i have already read,otherwice i often surf right back where i just been:P

Last edited by of_darkness on Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

of_darkness, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct.