This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Full-size album cover by double click in the context browser

Votes
Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Rupikulko
Registered Member
OS
Hello everybody.
As I listen to music I often like to take a look at the full-sized album cover in order to enjoy all the details of the artwork. Most of the time I have my context browser enabled with the "Actual song" choice. It would come handy for me to be able to open a full-sized album cover by double-clicking the thumbnail in the context browser, unlike having to right click on it and to choose from the menu, which is a bit bothering ;)
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
stuffcorpse
KDE Developer
OS
I remember I submitted a merge request for this a long time ago; it was rejected due to discoverability issues...
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
What's discoverability got to do with it? Is the idea that people won't know that double-clicking does anything? That's what documentation and forums etc. are for.

Keeping the right-click menu option there but also allowing double-click to enlarge would be ideal.
Rupikulko
Registered Member
OS
Well, almost every element of Amarok's GUI has some click or double-click action assigned, so I do not understand why should this be an exception. I think, it comes quite natural to expect the thumbnail to enlarge by double-clicking it.
stuffcorpse
KDE Developer
OS
Well, that's what I thoght too but apparently not.
google01103
Manager
@stuffcorpse - can the discoverability issues be revisited? and if so I'll move this to brainstorm where I think it belongs

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Mamarok
Manager
OS
google01103: we are currently discussing it.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
stuffcorpse
KDE Developer
OS
google01103: sure, it'd be good to hear what more people think of it. Then I'll make another patch with any discoverability-improvement ideas and see how it goes.
google01103
Manager
locked voting as per Mamarok "it is currently discussed by the amarok developers"

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x