This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[Karbon] Where to find the new Filter Effects Editor?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Kubuntiac
Registered Member
Does anyone know how to open up this window pictured in the recent release of Koffice 2.1 Beta2?

http://dot.kde.org/sites/dot.kde.org/fi ... ilters.png

I'm *really* wanting to try this out, but the only thing under "Effects" menu is Flatten Path, Refine Path, Round Corners and Whirl Pinch.

Is this a keyboard shortcut only thing at the moment?

Thanks!
cyrille
Select a shape, then in the tool box select "Filter effects editing tool" (FX icon), then a "add filter" docker should appear, click on the filter button.

Cyrille Berger
Krita developer and Calligra release coordinator
blog
Kubuntiac
Registered Member
Thanks! That helped a lot. Kind of wierd using an unnamed funnel icon to create a visual filter. Still, I guess the Oxygen (Nitrogen?) team are being kept busy with other icons. The concept of the filter editor though is amazing! I suspect that few people will really understand how powerful this idea is until there are many effect types in there. Once we have a nice collection of effects, I'd love to see the ability to download and upload new filters via Get Hot New Stuff.

*sigh* Back to (art)work
jaham
KDE Developer
Integration of Get Hot New Stuff into the filter effects tool/editor is planned for the future. But i think i have to implement some more of these SVG effects first.

Karbon Maintainer