This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Makefile issue

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xyfix
Registered Member

Makefile issue

Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:58 am
I'm trying to understand the makefile of kword, but there is one thing I can't seem to find anywhere. On the dependency line " all:" I see a "all-recursive"(besides others like docs-am), but where is this dependency line? I looked at all the included makefiles and can't seem to find it. I also did a grep on "all-recursive" in the whole source directory..no luck.
zander
KDE Developer

Re: Makefile issue

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:07 am
I gather from another thread you are building and trying out KOffice1.6, this is not a version that many people compile or use anymore. If you are not succeeding on your own I suggest you go with version 2.x which has build instructions on the wikis and a lot of people successfully build that. This means you will have a better success on getting help if you hit a problem you can't solve yourself.

Thomas Zander
KWord maintainer
xyfix
Registered Member

Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:49 am
zander,

thank you for replying. I've already compiled kword/koffice 2.0 (succesfully) and the same with kword/koffice 1.6.3 ( that comes with OpenSuse 11.1). I want to understand the build procedure of kword hence my question. I think that my question applies to both versions and I hope one of you experts can help me understand the build procedure. I can't use koffice 2.0 for now, since I developing a application for OpenSuse 11.1 and I want to use the libs that are already available on the system.
zander
KDE Developer

Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:35 am
OpenSuse ships KOffice2 in the experimental repositories.

Thomas Zander
KWord maintainer
xyfix
Registered Member

Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:29 am
Yep, you're right but I still want to understand the all-recursive dependency line, as I mentioned it's in both (2.0 & 1.6.3) the Makefiles. Although 2.0 is there I will have to develop on 1.6.3.

again thank you for your help.
cyrille

Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:38 am
The thing is that those Makefile are generated by cmake in 2.x (and automake in 1.x), and while in the KOffice team, we have knowledge to modify and maintain the CMakeLists.txt used by cmake, we don't have any knowledge on the output Makefile generated by cmake. Best would be to look at cmake to see what it does.

Cyrille Berger
Krita developer and Calligra release coordinator
blog