This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

inserting picture in kword 2.0

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xyfix
Registered Member

inserting picture in kword 2.0

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:24 am
I have compiled and build kword 2.0, but I can't see the insert->picture option, can somebody tell how I can insert a picture in a kword 2.0 document. I can see it in 1.6.3 though.

edit: I have also build 1.6.3, which does offer me the insert -> picture option.
annew
Manager
OS

Re: inserting picture in kword 2.0

Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:05 am
You should have, under Add Shape, 'Image'. Click on that, then draw a box on your document to the size and shape you want. When you let go of the mouse button the dialog should appear where you can navigate to the image you want to insert. It will preview, then insert the picture to your box.

However, in the version I have, there is a bug in that it inserts the full size of the image, and you have to drag the box corner, sometimes several times, until you get it down to the size that you wanted. Still, the devs did warn us that there are still problems, and this release is not for 'production' use.

annew, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct and a KDE user since 2002.
Join us on http://userbase.kde.org
xyfix
Registered Member

Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:29 am
annew,

thank you for replying. But I can't see any Add shape option, where is it located? I have koffice 2.0.2 , kde 4.1 and Qt 4.5.1. Strange that at compilation or build time no errors occured ( just a few qt warnings ), but I get the feeling that a few things are missing when I compare kword 2.0.2 with kword 1.6.3.
annew
Manager
OS

Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:05 pm
It's one of the dockers that appear in the right-hand panel. Check the top menu bar for Tools > Dockers > Add Shape - check it, if it isn't already selected.

Your versions are quite old. KDE should be 4.3 by now, and KWord is in the third beta, my version being koffice-kword-2.0.83-2. If you can't find the docker to enable it may be that you need to update.

annew, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct and a KDE user since 2002.
Join us on http://userbase.kde.org
zander
KDE Developer
Just want to note that the option "insert picture..." has been added for KOffice2.1, to be released in a month or so.

Thomas Zander
KWord maintainer
xyfix
Registered Member

Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:29 pm
annew, zander,

sorry for the late reply but thank you. Any chance one of you looked at my other posting? :)