This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Koffice on nokia n900 (maemo5)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rcsabalik
Registered Member
OS

Koffice on nokia n900 (maemo5)

Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 pm
Does anyone know how to install Koffice 2.1.0 on a nokia n900? Is there a user friendly way at all?
xyfix
Registered Member

Re: Koffice on nokia n900 (maemo5)

Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:19 am
This is a nice one, since I'm considering buying this phone. Gonna follow this thread also. :)
rcsabalik
Registered Member
OS

Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:25 pm
My phone arrived 2 days ago, so I have the motivation. On koffice.org it is said to be designed for maemo, but about installation i've only found this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=14680
I can't believe it's the only way... Just check out the title: install made easy for everyone:)
halla
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:42 am
That link is about theexperimental first port of KOffice to Maemo. The version of KOffice available on Freemantle is different: it is only a viewer application, not an editor, and only contains a text document and a presentation viewer, although a spreadsheet component is in the works.

To install the viewer application, just add the extras (and maybe the extras-devel) repositories with the package manager and then install the package.
cowb0y
Registered Member
OS

Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:14 am
I haven't looked into this, but easydebian might be the cleanest way to get something this complicated running on Maemo5. Hopefully Maemo6 will have the necessary level of [QT] support to make natively running KOffice (or a minimal "port") easier.
slangkamp
KDE Developer

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:21 am
It doesn't make sense to use the normal KOffice on Maemo. It's simply not made for this screen size. The app that boudewijn pointed out is running native and is made for the device.
slangkamp
KDE Developer
As noted above you need to add the extras repositories in your package manager to install the package.
webfocus
Registered Member
OS

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:21 pm
Where can I get that?
tazz
Registered Member
OS

Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:37 am
I might get a n900 soon. Will test it out.