This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

build environment

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
xyfix
Registered Member

build environment

Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:19 am
I already have a build environment, but I wanted to setup a new one. But I run in to some problems.

admin@linux-cfeu:~/koffice-2.1/src> kde4-config -v
Qt: 4.5.3
KDE: 4.1.3 (KDE 4.1.3) "release 4.11.1"
kde4-config: 1.0

system is OpenSuse 11.1 and I've build QT 4.5.3 without any errors, it's installed in /usr/local/Trolltech . After running cmake

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$HOME/koffice-2.1/install . -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RelWithDebInfo

I get

Code: Select all
CMake Warning at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake:851 (add_library):
  Cannot generate a safe linker search path for target kostore because files
  in some directories may conflict with libraries in implicit directories:

link library [libQtCore.so] in /usr/lib may be hidden by files in:
      /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/lib
    link library [libQtNetwork.so] in /usr/lib may be hidden by files in:
      /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/lib

and a similar bunch of more of these. My LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set to use the /usr/local/Trolltech
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: build environment

Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:01 am
Have you set QTDIR to /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/ and PATH to /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/bin:$PATH?

Code: Select all
export QTDIR=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/
export PATH=/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.3/bin/:$PATH

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
zander
KDE Developer

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:18 am
Reads like you have a different Qt but you still link to libraries that link to the old Qt.
I bet that this is kdelibs.

To get rid of those warnings you'd have to recompile kdelibs and kdepimlibs against this new version of Qt too.
Or, maybe easier, just not use your new Qt. Not sure why you compiled your own Qt as there is already one on the system :)

Thomas Zander
KWord maintainer
xyfix
Registered Member

Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:08 pm
my application is build against this newer version of QT and that's why I use it. Both the variables mentioned by bcooksley were set. I think I will recompile the kdelibs