This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KOffice 2.2

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Steve
Registered Member
OS

KOffice 2.2

Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:32 am
OK Linux newbie here

Ive downloaded KOffice 2.2 tar files (three including the small GB and UK files, checked the MD5sums and untarred (or what ever: tar -xf) into a new folder /opt/koffice2.2

Where do I go now to install or use, how to I open any of the Koffice applications (Kword for instance)

Sorry if this is a little simple but I want to give this a try and have only previously installed from the SUSE 11.1 repositories, and it doesn't look like Koffice is there.

many thanks in anticipation

Steve

-----------------------------------

Have just found some instructions at
http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Build_KOffice
but following these I ended up with the following message

linux-axle:/opt/koffice2.2 # cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/koffice2.2/inst /opt/koffice2.2/koffice-2.2.0 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=R
-- The C compiler identification is unknown
-- The CXX compiler identification is unknown
CMake Error: your C compiler: "CMAKE_C_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found. Please set CMAKE_C_COMPILER to a valid compiler path or name.
CMake Error: your CXX compiler: "CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER-NOTFOUND" was not found. Please set CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER to a valid compiler path orname.
CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:84 (MESSAGE):
ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
/root/.kde4/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps;/etc/kde4/share/apps
Call Stack (most recent call first):
CMakeLists.txt:79 (find_package)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I created the directory structure but not as suggested but

src is the source code ie all the files I downloaded and now beneath koffice-2.2.0
build is under koffice2.2
inst is under koffice2.2

CMakeFiles has also been created beneath koffice2.2

Many thanks in anticipation
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: KOffice 2.2

Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:38 am
You need to install the appropriate build dependencies in order to compile KOffice.

Please run the following command as root to retrieve what is needed:
Code: Select all
zypper si -d koffice2

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
karoshi
Registered Member
OS
Steve
Registered Member
OS

Re: KOffice 2.2

Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:17 am
I couldn't find anything when posting but then found 2.2 at the following repository
/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/UNSTABLE:/Desktop/openSUSE_11.1/
This had a whole bunch of stuff associated with KDE 4.4 (looks good) but as I probably should have expected the system is now not that stable.

I will probably wait for 11.3 and perform a new install but not looking forward to that.

Would un-installing KOffice 2.2, hoping the system then reverts to KDE 4.1 and installing from the repository suggested above be a better solution?

Whether I do that or not, thanks for pointing me in the direction of the update sources much appreciated.

Steve