This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

I cannot see KOffice

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sivicako
Registered Member
OS

I cannot see KOffice

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:35 am
I'm new to KOffice and wish to try it.

I installed KDE Windows installer 0.9.6-5 and selected 4.4.00 as the package. I then chose British English in the application, before selecting other applications (e.g., games).

The seem to be no problem in installation and I can see the folder KDE 4.4.00, Help and sub-folders for Games (and sub-folders) and Internet. However, I cannot see the application for KOffice.

Where can I see KOffice to start using it?
cyrille

Re: I cannot see KOffice

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:54 am
Only a old version of KOffice is provided by the windows team, you need to install kde 4.3.

Cyrille Berger
Krita developer and Calligra release coordinator
blog
sivicako
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:03 am
Ok. That's 4.3.4 or 4.3.0? And where do I get the installer?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:52 pm
Actually, KOffice 2.1 is available with the KDE 4.4.1 release. I suspect that KOffice 2.2 will be released with the 4.4.5 release, but don't hold your breath.

The installer is available through windows.kde.org

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
gilldes
Registered Member
OS

Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:22 pm
Hello,

I'm a dummy.. ;o)
I've the same issue with the KDE windows installer and i don't find the package 4.4.1 in windows.kde.org.
Where is it?
Thanks
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:01 pm
You run the KDE for Windows installer that you downloaded from windows.kde.org. After the first couple of pages there's one for selecting a mirror - just pick one near where you live. The next screen will allow you to select the version of KDE to install. Select "Stable 4.4.1" (the version which has KOffice available). Then pick which packages you want and it will install them.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
gilldes
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:11 pm
Thanks for your reply!
I understood my issue.
The downloading server that i choose is "Western Europe,France (http://kde-mirror.freenux.org)". This server don't have the good version (only the 4.4.0).
When i choose the default server "Central Europe,Germany(http://www.winkde.org)", i see all KDE versions..
Thanks for your help!!
cyrille

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:57 pm
To install KOffice on windows, you need to select KDE 4.3.x. It has not been made available for KDE 4.4.x.

Cyrille Berger
blog
gilldes
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:02 pm
Thanks Cyrille,
In the 4.3.3 i see:
Koffice 2.0.91 (unstable version)

In the 4.4.1 :
Koffice 2.1.0 (unstable version)

I don't know exactly wich version select?
The latest is not approriate? It seem be these two versions are "unstable version"?
Thanks!
cyrille

Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:09 pm
Better take the second one. They are marked as unstable because KOffice is not yet quiet ready for end users. 2.2 is already much better than 2.1 but unfortunately not available on windows yet.

Cyrille Berger
blog