This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Where has the external web link gone?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
glennsb
Registered Member
OS

Where has the external web link gone?

Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:39 pm
Hi all I have installed Koffice 2.2.2 but I can't find the Link option under the Insert menu. Also I don't seem to be able to change the default font. I'm not too worried about the font bit, but I used to use web links in my work for creation of PDF's. Any suggestions?
zander
KDE Developer
Hi,

since the 2.0 version of KWord came out with a complete new text-rendering engine we have been adding features like these again as most of them needed a rewrite due to that new rendering engine.
This specific issue is tracked on bugs.kde.org as bug id; 244658

The planning has until now been not so smart, with quite advanced features getting a priority over everyday features and this has been corrected to make sure we get on track again; more details on that here. http://www.koffice.org/blogs/thomaszand ... stigation/

For your specific usecase, KWord already pastes html just fine, so if all else fails you can work around it by pasting a relevant part from a webpage with the link directly into KWord. Not idea, for sure, but maybe just enough to get you by till kword has this feature again.

Also, KWord and KOffice hackers would love some help with the roadmap I pasted above, please come and help out :)

Thomas Zander
KWord maintainer