Reply to topic

plasma 5 windows open up in random virtual desktops

Kerek
Registered Member
Hi! I have tried to ask this question on askubuntu (https://askubuntu.com/questions/963373/kde-plasma-5-windows-open-up-in-random-virtual-desktops), maybe I will have better luck here :) :

I'm using plasma 5.8.7 under Ubuntu 16.04 (not an original Kubuntu installation), with several virtual desktops. I have also changed the panel options to "Only show tasks from the current desktop".

It seems that after every time I reboot, when I try to open an application, it appears on a random virtual desktop, rather on the one I'm working on.

Also, it doesn't update the panel correctly after the reboot, and some applications appear in the task manager on the wrong virtual desktop.

Has anyone noticed that? Is there any option to fix it?
User avatar Zren
Registered Member
OS
applications appear in the task manager on the wrong virtual desktop.

I've heard of a similar bug where it would appear on the wrong screen, but not the wrong virtual desktop.

Perhaps try creating a new bug report. You may also try skimming the list of open and closed task manager bugs.

, it appears on a random virtual desktop, rather on the one I'm working on.

What's your "System Settings > Window Management > Window Behaviour > Advanced > Placement" setting set to? It should be set to "Smart".

airdrik
Registered Member
OS
I wonder if perhaps it is trying to remember where the application was last open during your last session (or some previous session) and moving the windows there? You can configure that in Session Management.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.

Reply to topic