Reply to topic

Amarok Analyzer

VampyreBe
Registered Member

Amarok Analyzer

Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:27 pm
Hello all !

After numberous years playing with Linux, I finally decided to give KDE a chance. I never have used KDE in the past, and so far, I'm loving it. I'm using Linux Mint 17.3, up to date, and discovered Amarok just today. So I started to copy some of my music, to give it a go and see how it worked. However, I have an issue with the analyzer.

When I don't play a music, the analyzer is showing like a "demo" mode.
When I start the music, the analyser gets stuck, and there is no analysis done at all.

I'm not sure if I should change some parameters somewhere, I've had a look around, but I don't see any. For sure, it's nowhere like shown on the screenshots of Amarok that I've seen. I guess it is working since the demo mode is moving, but it stops when I play music.

If you have any idea of how I could fix the analyser, feel free to let me know !
Many thanks for your time and help,
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: Amarok Analyzer

Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:25 pm
Which phonon backend do you use? It only works with the gstreamer backend, not the vlc one. Check for the package phonon-backend-gstreamer. You will also have to install the MP3 plugins for gstreamer if you want to use that backend.

Mamarok, hanging out in the Amarok forum since August, 2007
Currently running Kubuntu 19.10 beta, Plasma 5.16.5, Frameworks 5.62.0, Qt 5.12.4, kernel 5.3.0-17
VampyreBe
Registered Member

Re: Amarok Analyzer  Topic is solved

Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:54 am
Well, thank you for your answer !

I had checked it yesterday, and it was already installed with the gstreamer, and the plugin mp.

Yesterday, I dropped it, leaving it for today... And fun fact today, I restart it, (trying to get the audio out on my Home Cinema but without luck so far), I started messing around with the KDE audio settings. Since I got no sound, I switched back to my headphones, making sure I didn't **** up the audio totally. And while I was listening to my music with the headset, I suddenly realise the analyser is working now.

I'm not sure though what I did to make it work, I was concentrated into having the sound out of the home cinema and wasn't paying attention. So it is now definitely fixed, but am unable to explain what I did to get it working.

Many thanks though for your answer !

Reply to topic