Reply to topic

New Krita.org mockup ideas

User avatar scottpetrovic
Registered Member
OS

Re: New Krita.org mockup ideas

Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:32 pm
You have a pretty good eye. I can try to do a fix when I get back to my apartment. There is a fix listed here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7577 ... ion-in-ie6 that I can try.

I think it might 'break' the gallery though leaving a bunch of gaps between the images. I think that is the only way to get the correct aspect ratio for the different images. I see your point though with having the image as the artist intended. I would rather have gaps than distorted images. I will see what I can do.
User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:46 pm
Thanks :) yes, gaps are not a problem.( even cropped are less problematic than streched ) here I often use timthumb on the template side it's very flexible to process pictures on the fly : http://www.binarymoon.co.uk/demo/timthumb-basic/

Registered Member
OS

Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:25 pm
success! that height: auto fix seems to work. You will probably have to clear your cache to see the results.

https://dev.krita.org/features/gallery/

thanks for being on me @deevad about that. It looks better for sure.
User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:09 am
Perfect ! Now that's a cool gallery.
Thanks @scottpetrovic for taking the time to fix it o)

[edit]
I just played with the 'inspect Element in Firefox" ;
and made a little humble contribution for better gallery labels :
Code: Select all
.masonryImage span {
width: 100%;
text-align: center;
}

User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:44 am
If anyone can provide the error messages issued by Joomla for the components of the current site which do not work, then the issue can probably be corrected.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]http://forum.kde.org/content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Registered Member
OS

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:12 pm
@boud: The easiest way is to reset your passoword through the WordPress interface. I see that you have a username, but can't get to your password since it is encrypted in the database. Click the regular log in link on the footer. Below the log in buttons, there is a "Lost your password" link. You can type in your username or email address and that should get you going ( you are using [email protected]) for your email.

https://dev.krita.org/wp-login.php

@deevad: good to hear. I can make that label tweak tonight.

For what is on my agenda for the site, I am mostly checking for typos, grammer, formatting issues and adding occasional images. Long term, I would also eventually like to help out more with the user interface design/development aspect of the application itself. That is what I specialize in. I already have some neat ideas that I would like to try to get feedback on and try to implement.

One thing at a time though. :)
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS

Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:19 pm
Ok! I'll do that tonight after work :-)

And I'm very interested to hear about your user interface design ideas!
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:49 am
@scottpetrovic: Before handing the site over to you I configured and enabled a plugin to allow the site to use LDAP authentication (KDE Identity). It is possible that regular password authentication won't work as a result. Please try logging in using your Identity credentials if your normal password does not work.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]http://forum.kde.org/content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:14 pm
@bcooksley: good catch. I forgot about that plug-in. It is still active (just checked), so that might have something to do with it.

@boud: let us know if there are any issues logging in.
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS

Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:29 pm
I got in :-)
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:18 am
I'll go over the text today and ask the sysadmins to make the move tomorrow :-). I'm so happy! A brand new glossy website right in time for Siggraph!
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:49 am
I need a bit of help finding where I can edit the download pages for windows, osx and linux...
Registered Member
OS

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:23 pm
The download pages are a little more complex since they have that tab thing going on. Currently, you have to go to the theme file and edit it manually:

/wp-content/themes/krita-org-theme/download.php

There is one block of content that you can edit through WordPress, but the rest is in the theme. That file looks like it is read only on the server. Me/you need to make it writable so we can edit it straight from the WordPress admin.

This is how you do it from the WordPress admin:
1. Hover over the "Appearance" menu item
2. Select "Editor"
3. There is a listing of all of the template files. Click the "download.php"
4. Edit the file and hit save.

If this is too crazy, I can see about coming up with an alternative way that might be more integrated with an editor. It will probably require a plug-in to add that type of functionality. I am ok with whatever.
User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS

Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:30 pm
Ah, right!

The page will probably have to be updated quite a lot, but I'm fine with editing the php once it's writable :-)
Registered Member
OS

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:15 am
Updating download page
I updated the permissions just for the theme files, so when you go to

WordPress Admin > Appearance > Editor > (theme file)

There should be an option called update at the bottom now that will save the file.

For going live with this site:
There are a couple of things that will eventually need to get done when the website is moved over to production. Through the Wordpress admin:

Settings > general

There are two fields that will have to renamed to http://www.krita.org - WordPress Address (URL) & Site Address (URL)

There is also a wp-config.php in the root directory of the site that contains which database to load. I am not sure what the system administrator is doing with this, but they might have to change that connection string.

That should fix most of the pointing to the right domain. There is one more change that won't be noticeable at first, but would be a good idea. In the posts table in the database, there will be quite a few references to "dev.krita.org". These were created when moving over all of the image files during the joomla migration. When the dev site moves to production, the URLs will stay the same. The images will still work when it is on production, but they will be pointing to the dev site.

That is all I can think of. If there is a time that they are going to be moving it over, I can try to make myself available in case there are issues.

Reply to topic