Reply to topic

Perspective tool quality

iconberg
Registered Member

Perspective tool quality

Thu Jul 16, 2015 8:02 am
Played around with the latest version and i became aware of that the quality of a perspertive transformation has better quality before hitting "Apply".
I tried all filters and any has less quality that the preview. Actuall i would prefer a "None" Filter option.

I am making something wrong?

And i get a lot of could not save cause there is an active layer transformation ongoing.
mvowada
Registered Member

Re: Perspective tool quality

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:31 am
iconberg wrote:Played around with the latest version and i became aware of that the quality of a perspertive transformation has better quality before hitting "Apply".
I tried all filters and any has less quality that the preview. Actuall i would prefer a "None" Filter option.

And i get a lot of could not save cause there is an active layer transformation ongoing.

Hello iconberg, just a regular user here.
1. Perspective: maybe working at higher resolution helps?
2. Save: as for the inability to save after a transformation I've encountered the same problem and opened a bug report here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350283.
iconberg
Registered Member

Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:16 am
mvowada wrote:
iconberg wrote:Played around with the latest version and i became aware of that the quality of a perspertive transformation has better quality before hitting "Apply".

Hello iconberg, just a regular user here.
1. Perspective: maybe working at higher resolution helps?
2. Save: as for the inability to save after a transformation I've encountered the same problem and opened a bug report here: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=350283.

Hi mvowada,
on higher resolution it looks better but still the preview is better than the result in my opinion:
Preview left, applied right, filter was lanzcos3.
ramskulls
Registered Member

Re: Perspective tool quality  Topic is solved

Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:40 am
That's so weird. My guess is that you're working at a small size and krita can't really make pixels any smaller than a pixel

If not, time to submit a bug report! Please include the file you're working with!
torpak
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:04 pm
ramskulls wrote:That's so weird. My guess is that you're working at a small size and krita can't really make pixels any smaller than a pixel

If not, time to submit a bug report! Please include the file you're working with!

That is exactly, what it looks like.
Krita makes the preview in screen-resolution.
This is no bug in Krita:
When you work in a scale, where a picture-pixel is larger, than a screen pixel, it is impossible to get the same "quality".
As long as you work with a finite resolution you will always have this effect if you zoom in enough.
To avoid it you would have to render the preview in picture-resolution, but i don't really see what would be won by that.
iconberg
Registered Member

Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:28 am
Yes, you are right. My picture resolution was lower than my screen.
Didnt guessed the preview is rendered in another than the target resolution.

Reply to topic