Reply to topic

Script to Compile Krita & Karbon for You v1.1.2 -Oneiric Edn

User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Ok. We really need to see the log to spot the problem then. Can you just upload it somewhere? Alternately, if you really need to edit it then paste the part from when it first asks for your password to when you see it start to build (ie where it first says [0%] at the start of a few lines).

Krita - All the cool kids are painting with it!
Wasabi2007
Registered Member
sorry for my late Answer.

Here is the full log:
http://www.pasteall.org/28434/text
User avatar CrazedQuetzal
Registered Member
OS
by Wasabi2007 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:25 am
nope it also sayes that liblcms2-2 is already the newest.
I think "lcms2-dev" should be replaced by liblcms2-dev in the script. In my experience apt-get when given a list of packages to download and install does not download or install any if one of the packages is is not found. I think this is why the script doesn't download the build dependencies, at least for Ubuntu users.

Lack of dependencies are most likely the cause of my previous problems. I deleted the Calligra folder and tried building again..got an error at 35%.
pasteall link: http://www.pasteall.org/28437/bash

any ideas?

Thank you very much.
User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS
I'm still testing various KDE system ( install live CD on my laptop while painting is entertaining ) . So, just a little note to say the script works out-of the box on Chakra Edn.

For Fedora 16 , Also I met little minor problem similar to the Kubuntu experience ; of course I had to do few tweaks ( going to the 'Apper' package manager and install librairies when the compilation complained for them ).
I also installed it from the place ~/sources/krita folder I choosed.

For running it, I created manually a '.profile' file in my home folder with this content to create the alias :
Code: Select all
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:$HOME/sources/krita/calligra/calligra-inst
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/sources/krita/calligra/calligra-inst/bin

then after a reboot, Krita was available system wide.

( Note: Since few day the script seems to build all calligra apps )
I'm back to my installs. I will test certainly last XFCE too , with ora thumbnail support.

User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
CrazedQuetzal wrote:I think "lcms2-dev" should be replaced by liblcms2-dev in the script.

I looked on packages.ubuntu.com and could only find liblcms2 and not liblcms2-dev .Can someone on Ubuntu/Kubuntu confirm whether liblcms2-dev actually exists (remember to use the checkbox to show system / library files)

Wasabi2007
Registered Member
Registered Member
OS
Sorry I was a bit tired when I wrote that.
echo "Using Ubuntu settings." && sudo apt-get purge krita* koffice* karbon* && sudo apt-get install cl-fftw3 lcms2-dev git cmake xserver-xorg-input-wacom oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget && sudo apt-get
On this line your script asks for "lcms2-dev." These are the current lcms packages available on Kubuntu 11.10 via the official Ubuntu package system with the "Darktable Releases" PPA for lcms2:
User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS
a user 'Ank' on my blog reported me the package for lcms2 in Kubuntu are 3 needed for install :
sudo apt-get install cmake g++ cl-fftw3 git
sudo apt-get build-dep koffice
sudo apt-get install liblcms2 liblcms2-dev liblcms2-util

( by the way, here I try now to gather infos to try a Debian testing + XFCE config. Since 16 january, the new XFCE got ora thumbnail on thunar by default, very cool )

Registered Member
OS
For those of you using kubuntu I managed to get Krita working using the beta PPA provided by Kubuntu: http://www.kubuntu.org/news/calligra-2.3.86.
The Krita version via this PPA is 2.4 beta 6. Maybe not the latest version though.
This will do for now.

Thanks for all your help. I hope I wasn't too much trouble. :P

Regards,

Peter
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Ok, I have the script updated. I just need to figure out a hitch with getting it uploaded to Krita.org, so y'all get it, too.

User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS
Some note on a "Fedora 16 KDE spin" install I just did on my laptop with the script :

Prepare the folder :
mkdir sources
cd sources
mkdir krita
cd krita
sudo yum install wget
wget http://krita.org/builder/calligra-creative_build-script.sh.tar.gz && tar -xzvf calligra-creative_build-script.sh.tar.gz && rm ./calligra-creative_build-script.sh.tar.gz
./calligra-creative_build-script.sh

(enter *root* password on prompt )

At a moment after the script hang at 'Installed size: 45 M' seems to be a bug of display of the package manager in the console, type 'y' then enter.
this will be for installing and removing , the console in fedora is quite talkative if you are used to debian style. This one ask often [y/N] question.
... then the archive is downloading ...then the Git checkout ... Now checking dependencies, some warning of course... all is more or less ok ; Then the long hour of first compile all

kwrite ~/.profile

and paste this :
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:$HOME/sources/krita/calligra/calligra-inst
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/sources/krita/calligra/calligra-inst/bin

then reboot !
reboot

User avatar bogdan_c
Registered Member
OS
Excellent indeed! Working great the update here.
Had some time to do a few drawings, love it !!
Still i have a question regarding this:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
   * OpenCTL (0.9.10 or higher)  <http://www.opengtl.org>
     Free Color Transformation Language implementation (part of OpenGTL)
     Required for High Dynamic Range Color Spaces, YCbCr and LMS support
   * OpenShiva  <http://www.opengtl.org>
     OpenShiva interpreter for the Shiva Kernel Language (part of OpenGTL)
     Required for Shiva based Generators and Filters
   * QtShiva  <http://www.opengtl.org>
     Qt bindings for the OpenShiva interpreter (part of libQtGTL)
     Required for Shiva based Generators and Filters

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should i concern about ? I know i have version 0.9.1 installed but requires 0.9.16 ?
Thanks
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
@Bogdan_c - Not to worry about these. These are packages that are not in the Ubuntu repositories. If you have them installed you can get more options other than "Color" when you add a "Generated layer" in the layer docker.

If you can live without a wide range of mathematically generated layers in Krita, you'll be fine. :)

If you're really desperate to try this though, I'm sure you can find a PPA for these packages.

User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
New Release! - This is mainly a bugfix release to handle the combination of Krita now requiring LCMS2. There are likely issues with versions of Ubuntu earlier than the current 11.10 (as Lcms2 isn't packaged there). The next version of the script should have an option to compile this for you from source as well. Patience is a virtue. ;)

There is one new *feature* though, which is the ability to manually set the number of threads you want to use, so the script isn't quite so resource hungry while compiling. Just change the _threads variable at the start of the script, or leave at 0 to have it set automatically for you (and compile using maximum CPU).

How do you upgrade? Just run calligra-creative-builder.sh, the same as always, and everything will update itself.

User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS
Hey thanks for the update Kubuntiac!

Here I tested again the performances on :
Gnome3 and Unity ubuntu / Xunbuntu / Kubuntu in depht.

And because I had to reinstall all each time I made myself a cheat list , I share it to improve the script for *buntu because it hang actually cause of some dependencies misnamed.

Note , to get libraries as lcms2 , all the buntu based must got the ppa of Kubuntu. I hope you'll be able to update again with it :

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/beta
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kubuntu-ppa/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install cl-fftw3 git cmake liblcms2-2 liblcms2-dev liblcms2-dev xserver-xorg-input-wacom opengtl-tools libopenctl0.7 oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget && sudo apt-get build-dep krita

For last info, I found a config for my low ressource laptop :
Xubuntu + Dolphin as a filemanager and Krita. Gimp-painter 2.6 is even faster on it than never I saw !

Reply to topic