Reply to topic

Script to Compile Krita & Karbon for You v1.1.2 -Oneiric Edn

User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS

Hi Kubuntiac, and all who try to compile Krita.
o) Here is my contribution for a Linux Mint KDE 12 aut-dependencies , its ready to paste inside *.compiler.sh to update it :

Code: Select all
         if cat /etc/issue | grep "Mint 12 KDE" > /dev/null ; then
            echo "Using Mint 12 settings." && echo "For Mint 12 we need to install Kubuntu backport and upgrade system" && echo -n "Type (enter) if ok , else Ctrl+C to abort all the install" && sudo add-apt-repository -y ppa:kubuntu-ppa/backports && sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get -y upgrade && sudo apt-get purge krita* koffice* karbon* && sudo apt-get -y install cl-fftw3 liblcms2-2 liblcms2-dev liblcms2-utils git xserver-xorg-input-wacom oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget cmake kdelibs5-dev zlib1g-dev libpng12-dev libboost-dev liblcms1-dev libeigen2-dev libexiv2-dev pstoedit libfreetype6-dev libglew1.5-dev libfftw3-dev libglib2.0-dev libtiff4-dev libjpeg62-dev cmake libboost-dev libexiv2-dev libopenexr-dev kdebase-runtime systemsettings qt4-qtconfig qtcurve okular-dev libwpg-dev libwpg-tools libwpd-dev libwpd-tools libpoppler-dev poppler-utils libpoppler-qt4-dev opengtl-tools libopenctl0.7 cl-fftw3  libcxxtools-dev gcc-c++ && sudo apt-get -y build-dep calligra

Note ; I had to include -unfortunately- Kubuntu backports ppa inside the auto-dependencies installer. it needed it. The drawback is the upgrade of the whole system with the ppa backport. Hope this system to be stable but still bleeding edge... I dream ... Else, that was a nightmare to hunt dependencies, as usual >:D

User avatar brettwmccoy
Registered Member
OS
I was using the backports PPA for 2.4 but have compiled 2.5 alpha installed right now (Ubuntu 11.10). Can installed PPA and compiled alpha reside on the same machine? I think the build script removed the installed 2.4 version.

Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7-2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 12.04 : Cintiq 21UX
slangkamp
KDE Developer
You can only have one installation at a time. The build script installs in your home directory so the 2.4 version should still be there, but the two version will probably conflict with each other.
User avatar brettwmccoy
Registered Member
OS
OK, thanks... I think I will keep the stable version on my main installation for the real work and setup a virtualbox installation for playing around with the alpha.

Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
-------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7-2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 12.04 : Cintiq 21UX
User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS
another little 'info post'.

I'm testing various other distribution right now , Arch , Debian , etc... not really supported by the script ; and here is the dependencies you need to manually hunt for ( name may be different from a distro to another ). By the way, those name under are the one for *buntu 12.04. Hard job , ant job to retrieve them one by one ( I hope packager will have one day a naming convention for all Linux distrib ). But when it's done , it opens new doors.

Dependencies list at April 2012

main :

automoc build-essential cmake cmake-data comerr-dev cpp-4.4 debhelper dh-apparmor dpkg-dev emacsen-common freetds-common freetds-dev g++ g++-4.4 g++-4.6 gcc-4.4 gcc-4.4-base gettext html2text imagemagick-common intltool-debian kdelibs5-dev kdelibs5-experimental-dev kdepimlibs5-dev krb5-multidev libattica-dev libboost-dev libboost1.46-dev libbz2-dev libct4 libcurl3 libdpkg-perl libdrm-dev libeigen2-dev libexiv2-dev libexpat1-dev libfftw3-dev libfontconfig1-dev libfreetype6-dev libgettextpo0 libgif-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libglew1.5 libglew1.5-dev libglib2.0-bin libglib2.0-data libglib2.0-dev libglu1-mesa-dev libgsf-1-114 libgsf-1-common libgsf-1-dev libgsl0-dev libgsl0ldbl libgssrpc4 libgtlcore0.8 libgtlfragment0.8
  libgtlimageio0.8 libicu-dev libilmbase-dev libjpeg-dev libjpeg-turbo8-dev libjpeg8-dev libkadm5clnt-mit8 libkadm5srv-mit8 libkdb5-6 libkdcraw-data
  libkdcraw-dev libkdcraw20 libkimproxy4 libkms1 libkrb5-dev libkrossui4 libkutils4 liblcms2-dev liblqr-1-0 libmagick++4 libmagickcore4
  libmagickwand4 libmarble-dev libmarblewidget13 libmysqlclient-dev libopenctl0.8 libopenexr-dev libopenshiva0.8 libpcre3-dev libpcrecpp0
  libphonon-dev libplot2c2 libpng12-dev libpoppler-dev libpoppler-qt4-dev libpq-dev libpq5 libpqxx-3.1 libpqxx3-dev libpstoedit0c2a libpthread-stubs0
  libpthread-stubs0-dev libqca2-dev libqt4-dev libqt4-opengl-dev libqtgtl-dev libqtgtl0.1 libqtshiva0.1 libqtwebkit-dev libsoprano-dev libspnav-dev
  libspnav0 libsqlite3-dev libssl-dev libstdc++6-4.4-dev libstdc++6-4.6-dev libsybdb5 libtiff4-dev libtiffxx0c2 libunistring0 libwpd-dev libwpg-dev
  libx11-dev libxau-dev libxbase2.0-0 libxbase2.0-dev libxcb1-dev libxdmcp-dev libxext-dev libxml2-dev libxmlrpc-core-c3 libxslt1-dev marble-data
  mesa-common-dev okular-dev opengtl-dev pkg-kde-tools po-debconf pstoedit qt4-linguist-tools qt4-qmake x11proto-core-dev x11proto-input-dev
  x11proto-kb-dev x11proto-xext-dev xorg-sgml-doctools xtrans-dev zlib1g-dev

optional :

liblcms2-2 liblcms2-utils git xserver-xorg-input-wacom oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget liblcms1-dev kdebase-runtime systemsettings qt4-qtconfig qtcurve libwpg-tools libwpd-tools poppler-utils opengtl-tools libopenctl0.7 libcxxtools-dev

Last edited by Deevad on Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS
for ubuntu 12.04, it should be enough to do

sudo apt-get build-dep calligra

and you should get all deps. But maybe that misses some build tools -- I should probably check that.
User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS
boudewijn wrote:I should probably check that.

I will do it next hour, and also propose the right paragraph of code to update the script. With this done, Kubuntiac can update it very fastly.

User avatar Deevad
Registered Member
OS
Kubuntu 12.04 precise dependencies

sudo apt-get build-dep calligra && sudo apt-get install liblcms2-2 liblcms2-utils git xserver-xorg-input-wacom oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget liblcms1-dev kdebase-runtime systemsettings qt4-qtconfig qtcurve libwpg-tools libwpd-tools poppler-utils opengtl-tools libcxxtools-dev

and for the script update : ( compiler.sh , around line 80 to 90 )
if cat /etc/issue | grep "Ubuntu 12.04" > /dev/null ; then echo "Using settings for *buntu 12.04 LTS " && sudo apt-get purge krita* koffice* karbon* && sudo apt-get build-dep calligra && sudo apt-get install liblcms2-2 liblcms2-utils git xserver-xorg-input-wacom oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget liblcms1-dev kdebase-runtime systemsettings qt4-qtconfig qtcurve libwpg-tools libwpd-tools poppler-utils opengtl-tools libcxxtools-dev

tested and running like a charm on Kubuntu 12.04 ( http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/kubuntu/daily-live/current/ ). *not tested on Ubuntu 12.04 main, and I don't have time for it now, too bad, I keep this this Kubuntu system and don't want to spend another day reinstalling my machine.... Time to paint! * . Kubuntu = the best of all I tested for this season. 12.04 is snappy , fast and got access to all ppa and *buntu resources. And its feels very polished. Kubuntu 11.10 was a sort of workaround for me to escape unfinished Unity and Gnome3 ; Kubuntu 12.04 is a real choice now.

Note : the script doesn't build updated sources at first , mainly because GIT is on the dependencies , and without GIT no updates. So I advice to install GIT and WGET in prior manually. In fact old sources may do problems that would not happen with newer one...

Note 2 : I also had to add at the end of my home ~/.profile file links to make Krita system wide ; or the launcher wouldn't work.
As I ran the script in a folder ~/sources/krita/ it's adding this lines at the end of my ~/.profile file :
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIRS:$HOME/sources/krita/calligra/calligra-inst
export PATH=$PATH:$HOME/sources/krita/calligra/calligra-inst/bin

then log out, log in . And Krita launcher is working

canaldin
Registered Member
OS
Hello, I installed all the dependencies, apparently patched QT.
I'm running ubuntu 12.04 LTS on a thinkpad w520.

It seems all ok but the calligra/calligra-inst folder is empty,
aseques
Registered Member
I am trying to compile this on debian squeeze (pretty much like ubuntu 12.04)

With the patch below it should be able to compile krita+karbon on Debian without breaking ubuntu. There's another change on ubuntu 12.04 that wasn't reflected on the install script.
liblcms2 -> liblcms2-2 #In current version of debian/ubuntu the name has a 2-2
liblcms2-util -> liblcms2-utils #the package name ends with s

--- compiler.sh 2012-04-27 17:26:12.000000000 +0200
+++ compiler.sh.original        2012-04-27 17:44:58.000000000 +0200
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-# This is th4e configuration area of this script, which has all the bits users can set. You really shouldn't need to though.
+# This is the configuration area of this script, which has all the bits users can set. You really shouldn't need to though.
                _autodepencencies=true
                _threads=0 # Leave at zero to automatically make it 2 times your number of cpu cores, or change as desired to suit performance.

@@ -78,10 +78,10 @@
                echo "IF YOU DON'T WANT TO CONTINUE WITH THIS PUSH Ctrl+C TO SKIP INSTALLING DEPENDENCIES NOW."
             echo ""
             echo ""
-               if cat /etc/issue | egrep "(Ubuntu|Debian)" > /dev/null ; then
+               if cat /etc/issue | grep Ubuntu > /dev/null ; then
 #                if cat /etc/issue | grep "Ubuntu 11.10" > /dev/null ; then echo "WARNING: Ubuntu 11.04 / 11.10 (and distros based on them) are currently known to have problems when using a Wacom (no pressure, strange lines drawn). There are workarounds for both issues. Please see: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/natty/+source/qt4-x11/+bug/762938 and https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg-server/+bug/799202 .";
 #                fi
-                     echo "Using Ubuntu settings." && sudo apt-get purge krita* koffice* karbon* && sudo apt-get install cl-fftw3 liblcms2-2 liblcms2-dev liblcms2-utils git cmake xserver-xorg-input-wacom oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget && sudo apt-get build-dep krita
+                     echo "Using Ubuntu settings." && sudo apt-get purge krita* koffice* karbon* && sudo apt-get install cl-fftw3 liblcms2 liblcms2-dev liblcms2-util git cmake xserver-xorg-input-wacom oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget && sudo apt-get build-dep krita
                else
                  if cat /etc/issue | grep Fedora > /dev/null ; then
                      echo "Using Fedora settings." && su -c'yum remove koffice* calligra* && yum-builddep koffice && yum install git wget gcc gcc-c++'

To patch the compile.sh you just need to do:
patch < patchfile.patch
User avatar ALeXeY(akaNord3D)
Registered Member
OS
Thanks to Deevad, I have successfully compiled Krita on Kubuntu 12.04 LTS. :)
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Ack. You all have been very productive coming up with all these patches to the script... Thanks everyone! Now I just need to find some time to integrate them all and get it up on the server! I will as soon as I can!

Krita - All the cool kids are painting with it!
canaldin
Registered Member
OS
Hello, I'm a bit confused.

Can someone post the steps he followed when installing Krita on Ubuntu 12.04.

Thank you very much :)
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Deevad might.

At this point the script isn't tested with 12.04 just yet (it was only just released). It should be soon, and then you'll see 12.04 on the list of supported distros in the first post.

Krita - All the cool kids are painting with it!
canaldin
Registered Member
OS
I can finally do Ctrl-J F..YEAH

I managed to build krita from source using your script on ubuntu 12.04 precise.

1. I downgraded libilmbase-dev and installed libopenexr-dev 1.7 from here (https://launchpadlibrarian.net/10310626 ... _amd64.deb) as it is needed for calligra dependencies.
2. I installed all the needed dependencies by pasting Deevad's command in terminal

Deevad wrote:Kubuntu 12.04 precise dependencies

sudo apt-get build-dep calligra && sudo apt-get install liblcms2-2 liblcms2-utils git xserver-xorg-input-wacom oxygen-icon-theme kde-runtime wget liblcms1-dev kdebase-runtime systemsettings qt4-qtconfig qtcurve libwpg-tools libwpd-tools poppler-utils opengtl-tools libcxxtools-dev

[/i]

3. I inserted the lines (from Deevad's post) in the compiler.sh and ran it but the compiler unpackaged the source only and made the calligra-build folder. The compiler told me that everything was installed when actually no files where compiled :-\

4. After that I manually compiled the source doing:
cd /home/${user}/calligra/calligra-build
sudo make -j8
sudo make install

I hope I don't confuse anyone who experienced the same problems

Reply to topic