Reply to topic

Script to Compile Krita & Karbon for You v1.1.2 -Oneiric Edn

User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Curious... because I'm on Kubuntu and it appears in my menu... I'll have to try it on a clean Ubuntu install...

Krita - All the cool kids are painting with it!
User avatar ALeXeY(akaNord3D)
Registered Member
OS
Kubuntiac wrote:Curious... because I'm on Kubuntu and it appears in my menu... I'll have to try it on a clean Ubuntu install...

Yes, it appears in menu on KDE Plasma. But not appears on Unity... or "classic" Gnome desktop.
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
And does it open when you click on Krita in the KDE plasma menu?

User avatar ALeXeY(akaNord3D)
Registered Member
OS
Kubuntiac wrote:And does it open when you click on Krita in the KDE plasma menu?

Yes, it does.
OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
I had previously compiled krita but due to some folder changes, it stopped working. I tried to compile it at a new location but I get this error:

Code: Select all
[ 70%] Building CXX object krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/widgets/kis_tool_button.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libkritaui.so
CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/kis_canvas_resource_provider.o: In function `KisCanvasResourceProvider::getScreenProfile(int)':
/home/otto/.calligra/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:331: undefined reference to `XGetWindowProperty'
/home/otto/.calligra/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:329: undefined reference to `XInternAtom'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/libkritaui.so.8.0.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Oh noes! I've hit a bash error number 2. Please look just above this text and see if you can see anything that looks like it may be an error message. You can then tell us about it at http://forum.kde.org/krita or on #krita on irc.

If I run it again, this is what happens:

[ 57%] Built target karbon_whirlpinchplugin
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libchartshapelib.so
CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/kis_canvas_resource_provider.o: In function `KisCanvasResourceProvider::getScreenProfile(int)':
/home/otto/.calligra/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:331: undefined reference to `XGetWindowProperty'
/home/otto/.calligra/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:329: undefined reference to `XInternAtom'
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 57%] Built target kopabackgroundtool
[ 58%] Built target karbontools
[ 60%] Built target chartshapelib
Oh noes! I've hit a bash error number 2. Please look just above this text and see if you can see anything that looks like it may be an error message. You can then tell us about it at http://forum.kde.org/krita or on #krita on irc.
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Which version of the script are you using? The one in the first post or the one posted just recently? (It also has a version number when you run the script, just under the big Calligra text logo).

OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
The latest one (1.0).
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
ok. What version of Ubuntu are you using? CyrilleB suggested that a check for xorg-dev may be missing in Calligra and to try installing that (sudo apt-get install xorg-dev in the terminal ) and running the script again.

OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
Using elementaryOS (Ubuntu 10.10 really). Installed xorg-dev but the scripts stops at the same spot as before:

[ 70%] Building CXX object krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/widgets/kis_categorized_list_view.o
[ 70%] Building CXX object krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/widgets/kis_widget_chooser.o
[ 70%] Building CXX object krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/widgets/kis_tool_button.o

Running it a second time gives this:

[ 63%] Built target kdeinit_karbon
Linking CXX executable karbon
[ 63%] Built target karbonpart
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/karbon1ximport.so
[ 63%] Built target karbon
[ 63%] Built target karbon1ximport

I'll reboot and try again, maybe the xorg-dev will work with it then.

EDIT: Nope, same error.
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Actually that may make a difference if they've changed the distro name as this is what the script detects for dependencies.

Can you tell me what the terminal says when you type cat /etc/issue and push enter?

OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
It says:

otto@liberty:~$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 10.10 \n \l
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Interesting... so it should register as an Ubuntu derivative. So far, the Ubuntu testing I've done has been with Ubuntu and Kubuntu 11.04. It's possible that the dependencies may not work, or may not even be possible on 10.10. I'll need to look into it more. Could you post the calligra-builder.log file which should be in the same folder as the script.

OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
I uploaded my log file to this url: http://www.ottorobba.com/wp-content/upl ... uilder.txt

Thanks for your time Kubuntiac :)
slangkamp
KDE Developer
Can you check if you have libx11-dev?
OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
I do have libx11-dev. I tried to re-install it, upgrade my kernel, reboot and do a fresh compile: same error.

[ 69%] Building CXX object krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/widgets/kis_tool_button.o
/home/otto/.krita/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:331: undefined reference to `XGetWindowProperty'
/home/otto/.krita/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:329: undefined reference to `XInternAtom'

Is it possible that there are leftover files from an earlier attempt to compile krita that are now breaking it? I'm starting to consider doing a fresh install to see if I can get it to compile and run.

Reply to topic