Reply to topic

Script to Compile Krita & Karbon for You v1.1.2 -Oneiric Edn

User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
Every file the script creates lives in the calligra folder it creates, excepting compile.sh, the log file and the source code (usually calligra-latest.tar.gz). If you just delete the calligra folder and run the script again it should be the same, without reinstalling the whole os. Of course, you're welcome to reinstall the whole os, but I'd try this first to see if we can save you time.

Krita - All the cool kids are painting with it!
OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
I have deleted the calligra folder so many times... xD

I'll keep trying different things, worst case scenario I'll use 2.3.1 from the ppa. Sorry for all the hassle, thanks for your time though :)

Actually, I'm gonna try this: I installed 2.3.1 from the ppa and now I'll run the calligra script (since I saw that it tries to remove any previous version). *now* it is actually asking to install some new packages, so perhaps the problem was that: missing dependencies only found in the kubuntu-backport ppa

Code: Select all
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  libdcmtk1 libdcmtk1-dev libokularcore1 libphononexperimental4 libqzeitgeist0
  okular-dev
The following packages will be upgraded:
  libphonon-dev libphonon4 phonon-backend-xine

I'll post back when it finishes compiling. :)

EDIT:

Odd, now the compiling stops even earlier.
[ 31%] Building CXX object karbon/plugins/filtereffects/CMakeFiles/karbonfiltereffects.dir/MatrixDataModel.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libkoproperty.so
[ 31%] Built target koproperty
Linking CXX shared module ../../../lib/karbonfiltereffects.so
[ 31%] Built target karbonfiltereffects
make: *** [all] Error 2
Oh noes! I've hit a bash error number 2. Please look just above this text and see if you can see anything that looks like it may be an error message. You can then tell us about it at http://forum.kde.org/krita or on #krita on irc.

Even stranger: running the script a second time goes beyond the 31%.

[ 70%] Building CXX object krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/widgets/kis_widget_chooser.o
Building CXX object krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/widgets/kis_tool_button.o
Linking CXX shared library ../../lib/libkritaui.so
CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/kis_canvas_resource_provider.o: In function `KisCanvasResourceProvider::getScreenProfile(int)':
/home/otto/.krita/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:331: undefined reference to `XGetWindowProperty'
/home/otto/.krita/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:329: undefined reference to `XInternAtom'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [lib/libkritaui.so.8.0.0] Error 1
make[1]: *** [krita/ui/CMakeFiles/kritaui.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
Oh noes! I've hit a bash error number 2. Please look just above this text and see if you can see anything that looks like it may be an error message. You can then tell us about it at http://forum.kde.org/krita or on #krita on irc.
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
/home/otto/.krita/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:331: undefined reference to `XGetWindowProperty'
/home/otto/.krita/calligra/calligra-src/krita/ui/kis_canvas_resource_provider.cpp:329: undefined reference to `XInternAtom'

These indicate that Krita hasn't managed to find your X libraries properly somehow - yet the CMake configure process isn't picking this up. Are you sure that all X packages are fully installed?

If you installed some after running the script at least once, it may pay to remove the folder and try again.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]http://forum.kde.org/content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
Tried to re-install all things X related - nada, nothing works.
I guess I'll just stick with 2.3.1 for now, I've pestered you guys enough.
babygenius55
Registered Member
OK, I got this to work properly, but how can I disable the 'use all threads' option? My pc keeps shutting down. It's hot in South Jersey.

^^^This too was found, after using my spectacles^^^

I am leaving this next in in case someone else has this brain fart. I didn't have the script in the proper directory.

On. a side note: even though I had this in the wrong directory initially it created the 'make files and such, and even tried to build Koffice. Maybe I did something I don't recall.

I used make -j, my pc sort of locked up, i stopped process, and now I can't find what I need to uninstall to get this running again, if anything.

[strike]Package krita-data is not installed, so not removed
Package latex-sanskrit is not installed, so not removed
Package ttf-gfs-theokritos is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
wget is already the newest version.
git is already the newest version.
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Picking 'koffice' as source package instead of 'krita'
./compiler.sh: line 84: cd: ./calligra/calligra-src: No such file or directory
Oh noes! I've hit a bash error number 1. Please look just above this text and see if you can see anything that looks like it may be an error message. You can then tell us about it at http://forum.kde.org/krita or on #krita on irc.
canis@canis-desktop:~/kde4/build$ sudo apt-get remove --purge koffice
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Package koffice is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 3 not upgraded.[/strike]

i really want to try this program.
babygenius55
Registered Member
Okay. Nevermind all the previous stuff. Boud in the irc helped me out. There was some issue that required updating the tarball files since a few days ago evidently. After i did a git pull --rebase, and replaced the multi-core "make install" line with a simple "make" I'm further than ever before. Yesssss!
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
I just released the official 1.0 of this script (see the first post of this thread). If you've been on a 1.0 beta just run calligra-creative_build-script.sh again like normal and it will automatically self update.

Contains many fixes and a fairly critical fix on Gnome desktops. You should now have working menu items under graphics, making it possible to run the apps without other coding-fu :)

See the first post for instructions on reporting any problems.

Thanks for using the build script and Krita!

User avatar boudewijn
KDE Developer
OS
User avatar ALeXeY(akaNord3D)
Registered Member
OS
Yes, it's great!
Now Krita (and Karbon) appears in the Graphics menu on my Unity desktop. Kubuntiac, thank you very much! :)
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
ALeXeY(akaNord3D) wrote:Yes, it's great!
Now Krita (and Karbon) appears in the Graphics menu on my Unity desktop.

Joy!

Kubuntiac, thank you very much! :)

You're welcome! Thanks for the fabulous art!

aftas
Registered Member
hello!
first, many thanks for all the work put into making krita more accessible to newbies like me! much appreciated!

i did run the script today and it compiles ok, but in the end there is no icon under graphics in the menu and the folder calligra-inst is empty.

i'm running mint 11

EDIT: i guess this final part of the script feedback may have something to do with it...

setting environment variables for current session.
kbuildsycoca4 running...
Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-endur0" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.
realPath called with a relative path ':/usr/local/bin/calligra/calligra-inst/share/mime/', please fix
realPath called with a relative path ':/usr/local/bin/calligra/calligra-inst/share/applications/', please fix
realPath called with a relative path ':/usr/local/bin/calligra/calligra-inst/share/desktop-directories/', please fix
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/gcalctool.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/mintBackup_mime.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/gdm-guest-session.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/remastersys-gui.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/mintInstall.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/mintInstall_mime.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/mintBackup.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/im-switch.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/upload-manager.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
kbuildsycoca4(2435) KConfigGroup::readXdgListEntry: List entry Categories in "/usr/share/applications/remastersys-gui-kde.desktop" is not compliant with XDG standard (missing trailing semicolon).
rm: cannot remove `/usr/share/applications/kde4/krita.desktop': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/usr/share/applications/kde4/karbon.desktop': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/bin/calligra/calligra-inst/share/applications/kde4/krita.desktop': No such file or directory
cp: cannot stat `/usr/local/bin/calligra/calligra-inst/share/applications/kde4/karbon.desktop': No such file or directory
Set those paths, Jives!
What ho!
cp: cannot stat `/tmp/calligra-creative-builder/*': No such file or directory
Let's go!!!!
cd: 232: can't cd to ../calligra-inst/bin

any ideas are most welcome!

Last edited by aftas on Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar al-dy
Registered Member
OS
Thanks! Finally I can test the new features of krita.
The script works on Chakra Linux with some modifications.

1. I modified the file compiler.sh:
_autodepencencies=false

Then I used:
./compiler.sh

2. I had to change manually the name of the downloaded package:
calligra_20110722040606_sha1-583636516a9bdbd9c41fc033114b2e7a2e58c0a3.tar.gz
to:
calligra-latest.tar.gz

3. The dependences are wget, git, eigen and base-devel. I couldn't compile Krita until I installed eigen.

Sorry for my bad English.
User avatar Kubuntiac
Registered Member
OS
@aftas - It looks like it didn't manage to create the /tmp/calligra-creative-builder folder but it would be easier to see if you could post the calligra-builder.log file (it's in the same folder as where you put the original script).

@al-dy - Thanks for posting that. I'll update the script to support arch. Just for the record, once that's done (I'll post here) it would be great to use ./calligra-creative-builder.sh rather than compiler.sh so your build script gets bug fixes and improvements. I understand not doing it yet given that Chakra isn't (yet) supported. Supporting it makes me happy though as it's a beautiful distro, and FAST. I seem to recall someone using this script to create an AUR before Chakra split from Arch. Would be awesome to get a CCR going...

Last edited by Kubuntiac on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aftas
Registered Member
Kubuntiac wrote:@aftas - It looks like it didn't manage to create the /tmp/calligra-creative-builder folder but it would be easier to see if you could post the calligra-builder.log file (it's in the same folder as where you put the original script).

here it is!

http://www.filedropper.com/calligra-builder
OttoRobba
Registered Member
OS
I discovered what was the issue!! :D Got Krita built and running \o/

I did a full system reinstall but even so, I was still getting stuck on the 70% error.

I thought "Maybe my language settings are borking things up", since my OS is in Portuguese with Brazillian settings. Well, when I opened the language settings, it asked to download missing language support files. I downloaded and then Krita compiled just fine :O

Those missing language files are only asked to be installed *after* the script has been run and the dependencies have been installed.

Works like a charm now.

Kudos guys :D

Reply to topic