Reply to topic

Different language for calendar and other related stuff?

stundrum
Registered Member
I've set all locale tabs for my country except language which is English and i like to keep it that way, the only thing i don't like is that weekdays and months are also in English. I've also noticed that on login screen time is in 12h format instead of 24h. So i wondering is it possible to change language for time and date related stuff and how?
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
To get a 12 Hour clock format, open System Settings > Locale > Country, Region & Language > Date & Time. Ensure "pH:MM:SS AMPM" is set for "Time format".

In terms of the language used for month and day names - i'm not sure this can be changed independently i'm afraid.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer
stundrum
Registered Member
bcooksley wrote:To get a 12 Hour clock format, open System Settings > Locale > Country, Region & Language > Date & Time. Ensure "pH:MM:SS AMPM" is set for "Time format".

I wasn't clear enough, i want a 24 Hour format and i already works well with clock on bottom right corner of the screen, the thing is that on login screen time is shown in 12 Hour format... I don't know if the clock is a standard login screen element or is it a theme custom element though...

bcooksley wrote:In terms of the language used for month and day names - i'm not sure this can be changed independently i'm afraid.

I was asking because Windows choose clock language based on locale settings and not on system wide language. I've tried changing locale enviroment variable LC_TIME to another locale in hope that it will change time language but it did nothing.
luebking
Registered Member
User avatar bcooksley
Administrator
OS
KDE has it's own translation system, so I suspect LC_* will not have an impact in this case.
In regards to the KDM clock format - that thread luebking posted above appears to be relevant to your situation.

System Settings and Device Actions KCM maintainer

Reply to topic