Reply to topic

KCron

barryhavenga
Registered Member

KCron

Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:31 am
Hi. I am interested to know what happened to Kcron?

I can schedule my system backup by date and not by time. When it runs it makes my workstation laggy so I want it to run in the middle of the night.

The Crontab GUI provided by kcron would be useful instead of doing a command lie crontab edit.
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: KCron

Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:54 pm
According to https://userbase.kde.org/System_Settings/Task_Scheduler, the Task Scheduler should be part of the System Settings in Plasma 5, but it is not in mine, just checked. I suggest filing a bug, this must be a regression. Please post the bug number here so I can confirm it.

Moving this to the Appearance & System Configuration subforum.

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-46
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: KCron

Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:34 pm
OK, so just found out that it is no longer part of the default installation, but you can install a package called "kde-config-cron" (on Debian based systems at least) and the Task scheduler shows up in the System Settings.

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-46
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...

Reply to topic