Reply to topic

[Kate, KDevelop] Application menus not appearing

Computer semi-expert
Registered Member
OS
I had been using the Global Menu widget at one point to display menus in the panel, although I have since removed it. I don't know if that had any impact on the following issue, but Kate and KDevelop's menus no longer are appearing. Is there any fix for this?
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
Make sure the Application menus daemon is disabled in System Settings -> Workspace -> Startup and Shutdown -> Background Services

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
Computer semi-expert
Registered Member
OS
That doesn't fix my problem, for some reason.
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
Did you restart Plasma?

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
Computer semi-expert
Registered Member
OS
Yes, I did.

(Sorry for the late answer, I forget to check this forum... :-\)
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
By menu, do you mean the Menu bar? Try Ctrl+M

Computer semi-expert
Registered Member
OS
Well, Ctrl-M gave a warning about completely hiding the menubar, so I pressed it again and the menubar appeared. Problem solved, I guess...

Reply to topic