Reply to topic

Bluetooth inactivity timeout making input devices unusable

thirtytwobit
Registered Member
Originally posted to the NEON board, viewtopic.php?f=309&t=165386, but realized that is probably the wrong place so reposting here.

Plasma 5.18.5, after upgrading to 20.04, bluetooth keyboard idle timeout is too fast. Worked fine in 19.10. I tried to set IdleTimeout to 0 in /etc/bluetooth/input.conf, and also tried to create a udev rule to prevent the timeout. No luck. Keyboard times out quickly, after 30 secs or so, and then takes time to wake up. Any suggestions would be great, it's pretty annoying
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
Funny, just tried with my keyboard, no wake-up delay at all, could this be a Neon specific thing? I use the default settings, it wakes up normally even after two minutes.
Or does the connection actually drop completely for you?

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
thirtytwobit
Registered Member
Good info. It does not drop, looks like the keyboard is still connected, just takes time to wake up. I removed all my attempts to change the configs so I am now using default settings too but still have the problem.
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
Bluetooth is not really my domain, I am just happy when it works. One idea that comes up: could this be a protocol issue? Since there are several Bluetooth protocol versions out there and, different devices using different versions, this could explain the difference. My laptop supports up to version 5.0, the keyboard uses 3.0

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...

Reply to topic