Reply to topic

What happen to audio settings?

tpe
Registered Member
OS

What happen to audio settings?

Tue May 26, 2020 5:57 am
Recently I upgraded my Fedora 30 to 31.
Along with it came KDE Frameworks 5.60 and Plasma 5.17. And now I lost the configuration settings of the audio devices.
In the "old" days, in the multimedia settings, we could set the priority of devices and thus I had set my "conference" headphones as priority 1 for communication, speakers for all other tasks and my bluetooth headphones for music and firefox. Now, I cannot find those settings. Are they removed from the settings panel or I need to install a package or something similar?
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: What happen to audio settings?

Wed May 27, 2020 11:29 am
That is weird, you can set a default device in the System Settings, and then choose depending on the application which device you want to use (provided the application is running).
You can also always choose the setting from the System Tray volume button and change the application output there. If you can't see those settings, maybe something is wrong in your installatiion?

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...
tpe
Registered Member
OS

Thu May 28, 2020 5:24 pm
Just to clarify.
What I miss in my Fedora 31 is this:

[img]
https://pasteboard.co/JauzcyP.png
[/img]

Which was present in F30...
tpe
Registered Member
OS

Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:38 pm
No one?
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS

Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 pm
This was removed some time ago.

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...

Reply to topic