Reply to topic

No audio in dragon player 'flatpak' version

kde-saivinoba
Registered Member
Hi,
Need help with dragonplayer flatpak. If I try to play a video from flatpak version of the dragonplayer ('Open with' option from file manager), the video plays but there is no audio. If I play the same video in 'normal' (deb) version, audio/video both work fine. So it seems to me that there is no issue with file itself or with my audio settings.

Following is flatpak info of dragonplayer.
Code: Select all
[email protected]:~$ flatpak info org.kde.dragonplayer

Dragon Player - Video player with focus on simplicity

ID: org.kde.dragonplayer
         Ref: app/org.kde.dragonplayer/x86_64/master
        Arch: x86_64
      Branch: master
     Version: 20.04.2
     License: GPL-2.0+
      Origin: kdeapps
  Collection:
Installation: system
   Installed: 1.0 MB
     Runtime: org.kde.Platform/x86_64/5.14
         Sdk: org.kde.Sdk/x86_64/5.14

Commit: cd7e4314141de985e3a5c448629232c27419f7eda121bea60b40fee08dba0b3e
      Parent: 833038588c3e95b147cb555956d6a7754e190ea460db223da29325ad5fa2564a
     Subject: Built on Thu Jun 18 09:41:27 CEST 2020
        Date: 2020-06-18 07:41:45 +0000

Now, if I launch the same video file from terminal with `flatpak run org.kde.dragonplayer <video-filename>` command, the video also does not play; just the player window launches without playing video and obviously no audio. Following is error I see on the terminal.

Code: Select all
[email protected]:~$ flatpak run org.kde.dragonplayer /home/sai/Videos/elementary-install-2020-06-16_08.39.12.webm
Qt: Session management error: Could not open network socket
AL lib: (EE) ALCplaybackOSS_open: Could not open /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to retrieve device information
libGL error: Version 4 or later of flush extension not found
libGL error: failed to load driver: i915
libGL error: failed to open /dev/dri/card0: No such file or directory
libGL error: failed to load driver: i965
AL lib: (EE) ALCplaybackOSS_open: Could not open /dev/dsp: No such file or directory
Opening QUrl("file:///home/sai/Videos/elementary-install-2020-06-16_08.39.12.webm")
Couldn't start kuiserver from org.kde.kuiserver.service: QDBusError("org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown", "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown")
Stopped state
updated actions
updated menus
set titles
seekable changed to  false
detected mimetype:  "video/webm"
Initial offset is  0
using index:  -1  returned desc has index:  -1
using index:  -1  returned desc has index:  -1
chapters:  0  titles:  0
going from  "Loading"  to  "Stopped"
Stopped state
updated actions
updated menus
set titles

I checked under /dev and there is no /dev/dsp. Only have /dev/snd.

I added myself to the 'audio' and 'video' groups. Still no audio when launching from 'Open with' option from the file manager and no audio+no video when running from terminal.
User avatar Mamarok
Manager
OS
Packages are made by distributions, so you need to talk to your distribution if a package doesn't work.

Currently running Kubuntu 20.04, Plasma 5.18.5, Frameworks 5.68.0, Qt 5.12.8, kernel 5.4.0-42
FWIW: it is always useful to state the exact Plasma version and distribution when asking questions in this forum, makes it easier for us to help ...

Reply to topic