Registered Member

kile crashes on document open...

Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:15 am
Hi All,

I'm trying to use kile...

Qt: 4.8.5
KDE Development Platform: 4.14.13
Kile: 2.1.3

...in a debian testing installation (Linux 4.2.0-1-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.2.3-2 (2015-10-14) x86_64 GNU/Linux), and everytime I'm trying to open a document or create a new one, kile crashes, the "send bug report" dialog appears, and I'm left with the following in the console...

$ kile
kile(7976)/kdecore (KLibrary) findLibraryInternal: plugins should not have a 'lib' prefix: "libkonsolepart.so"
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: Keine Berechtigung
QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /var/lib/samba/usershares
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40807) with this library (version 0x40805)
KCrash: Application 'kile' crashing...
KCrash: Attempting to start /usr/lib/kde4/libexec/drkonqi from kdeinit
KCrash: Connect sock_file=/home/user/.kde/socket-hso-etjo/kdeinit4__0
Unable to start Dr. Konqi
Not forwarding the crash to Apport.

I think the problem is on the line regarding the Qt libs, but to be honest, I have no idea how to fix it... please, can anyone help me or advice me how to proceed?

Kind Regards,
Roi
danton
Registered Member

Re: kile crashes on document open...

Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:43 am
Ok, found problem....

I've installed a piece of software in '/opt/software' which comes with it's own libQtCore.4.so, and kile was trying to load this lib instead of the system lib. When I hide the software from kile, then it works again. Hm, but now the question is, how to set up paths, such that kile is using the system libs instead of others?

thanks in advance,
Roi

Reply to topic