Reply to topic

Internet Movie Database Data Source - Can't Connect

bdawes
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0
First off - I love Love LOVE Tellico!!! I recently switched to Linux after 10+ years on Apple devices. I used Bruji Pedia software as my collection manager (specifically for my DVD collection). The Pedia software suite is great but Tellico makes them pale in comparison!

My only issue is connecting to the built in IMDB data source. For some strange reason, I just can't seem to be able to update any of my entries using this data source. It's weird (and not a huge deal) because I 'can' connect and update entries from TheMovieDB.org, just not IMDB.

I made efforts to fix this myself by poking around all 'tellico' related files I could find from the terminal (sudo find / -name "*tellico*") unfortunately, I haven't had much luck on my own.

Does anyone have any suggestions about things to look for / edit / update?

I'm running Tellico version 3.0 5.30.0. My OS is Linux (x86_64) release 4.8.13-1-ARCH with XFCE as my DE if any of that helps. Any advice would be much appreciated!
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
Posts
268
Karma
1
OS
bdawes wrote:My only issue is connecting to the built in IMDB data source. For some strange reason, I just can't seem to be able to update any of my entries using this data source. It's weird (and not a huge deal) because I 'can' connect and update entries from TheMovieDB.org, just not IMDB.

Hmm, everything works ok for me at the moment with v3. Is there a specific example you have that I could try?
bdawes
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0
Thanks so much for the response! I've provided a specific example below with some screenshots:

>Data Sources Options Menu: Note, the icon's for iMDB, MusicBrainz, BiblioShare, BoardGameGeek.com, Open Library, and Freebase all have the Tellico icon. The Movie DB icon is specific and I've confirmed importing data from TMDB is working great.
Image

>Data Source Properties Menu: I've attached a screenshot of the imdb data source properties menu for reference

Image

>Update via iMDB
Image

>Connection to iMDB is attempted, however, no data is returned from iMDB to Tellico
Image

>Update via TMDB
Image

>Everything looks great!
Image

I'm certain this has to be some setting/switch/config. on my end that's preventing me from connecting to iMDB via Tellico and I'd be more than happy to try and resolve on my own. Just not sure where to look / poke around. Thanks again for the response! Any thoughts you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again for such a great collection manager, Tellico really is incredible!
bdawes
Registered Member
Posts
3
Karma
0
Please ignore. This can be attributed to 'user error'. I initially created my collection by importing a list of titles and other custom data fields from a .csv file. For whatever reason, when I created a new collection and re-imported the .csv file, I was able to import data from iMDB. My problem can be attributed to simple user error. I apologize for wasting anyone's time!
robbystephenson
KDE Developer
Posts
268
Karma
1
OS
No worries, always glad to hear from a Tellico user!

 
Reply to topic

Bookmarks



Who is online

Registered users: atelierrosa, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], bionan, Capitain_Jack, claydoh, Exabot [Bot], Google [Bot], johssw, Nyugame, philippg, Sogou [Bot], TheraHedwig, Yahoo [Bot]