Reply to topic

education for children

firstdan
Registered Member

education for children

Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:36 pm
hello!
I have a problem with my 6 year boy. My child stays all day with eyes on the screen!
Any good ideas, or someting for him do do creativ things?
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: education for children

Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:50 pm
We had a similar problem with our oldest getting hooked early to playing on our phones. At first I was ok with it, selecting games and educational apps such as gcompris and the educational apps provided by KDE. I even set up separate profiles on our home computer for each of our kids (once they are old enough to start getting on the computer).
Depending on what creative interests you or your child have there are a variety of options to explore.

On the other hand, to combat their turning completely into "screen zombies", we've established limits on how much time they are allowed to spend playing on our phones or the computer. We usually use child lock apps on our phones to restrict what they are allowed to do and lock them out when their time is up. When playing on the computer we keep a separate timer running on our phones, though there are parental control apps you can install to set up such limits automatically. The main reason we haven't gone that far is that we like the flexibility of being able to log them in for unlimited time to work on school assignments and things, as well as to allow them a short grace period to wrap up if they are close to finishing a level or whatever.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
sonalimohol
Registered Member

Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:34 am
Make him join some indoor or outdoor games. Or make him see educational stuff on the screen which is in interest of him.
rubyj
Registered Member

Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:45 am
First of all u need to be his friend.Make him more active.Make him join outdoor games club.U urself play with him.Make him understand importance of playing outdoor games for development of his body and brain too.Make him understand that how can mobile games harm eyes and also make brain restless.And honestly telling,in todays generation getting child's eye out of mobile is quite difficult.But its necesaary as their future is on stack.These mobile,laptop games can just ill child's future.So just be his friend and try to make him understand thngs,bcoz scoldings and punishment won't work. https://www.mybkexperience.reviews/
jospi
Registered Member

Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:16 pm
Hello my dear parent
All parents worry about their children. All parents worry about the health, education and psyche of their children. Worrying about the fact that the child plays a lot of games or watches TV or does something else with a computer, x-box, TV and phone is normal. The computer, x-box, TV and phone influence badly the child’s sight. Playing games affects the psyche of a child badly. Also, excessive playing of games affects the child’s academic ratings poorly. Therefore, all your experiences are normal and all your desires are normal.
In order for your child not to spend a lot of time on games, not to suffer morally from games, not to spoil his or her eyesight, thanks to the x-box computer or phone you have to control ypur child. Participation in some creative groups, creative events, participation in some - educational and sports groups, educational and sports events will not give the desired result. You can achieve the desired result with the help of self-control. You have to control that your child starts playing games only after he or she has finished homework. You must control that your child doesn't use such services as lab report writing service PapersOwl UK to do childs homework faster and start playing games earlier. Only through constant monitoring and careful control you will be able to succeed in raising your child and also in avoiding the harmful effects of games on your child!
In conclusion, I want to wish all parents the patience of the forces that are necessary for raising their children.
User avatar rositarose
Registered Member
OS

Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:55 am
Hello,
Set a good example. Don’t hand your phone to your toddler when you are busy and want to distract him/her. Don’t use the TV as a babysitter so you can “get something done”. Don’t be on your phone or computer when they want to play with you. Involve them in outdoor activities or arts they are interested in.

I didn’t buy a TV until my kids were in kindergarten and wanted to be able to talk about TV shows with their friends. We never restricted their computer time (we bought them their own computers), because we wanted them to grow up with computer competency. That was before tablets were popular, I’m not sure what we would do now. I think we would keep them on computers.

Drat, it’s on another computer then this, I’ll look for it when I get home. I have an adorable picture of both boys as toddlers sitting in the same chair at their computer with the older helping the younger play an educational reading prep game.

The toddler is the last age where you really can control their screen time, so if this is important to you, radically change your habits now.

Hope this helps :)
rianderson
Registered Member

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:20 am
Usually, I ask my kid to help me with cooking or ride a bicycle. Also in our neighborhood, we have hardwood where lots of kids play.
And last, but not the list, we adopted a dog)
kellydimarco
Registered Member

Thu May 16, 2019 5:00 am
Especially in today’s environment where information abounds, learning how to learn, best ways to think about things-organize thoughts, have a love of learning and perhaps understanding what content is to be prioritized can greatly maximize and are part of a good education.

Emotional fortitude is also needed for most people to actually attend and learn. So getting good TLC/nurturing at home goes a long way to making someone receptive to learning that is not immediately relevant such as academics. Social skills are also important and for some people need to be taught.

In general gaining strong conceptual overviews and deep understanding of the broad subject matter before delving into minutia or details of it can be important. Here with math, teachers may just teach procedures while in other countries where students do much better in math they learn what it is they are actually doing or grasp the it conceptually more so instead of having to memorize 1000 isolated meaningless bits they understand how it works and can work out problems from there.

Including information about human nature and how people may behave under various conditions would greatly improve education. Teaching also some basic communication skills can also be highly supportive.

Education should be in line with the child’s developmental level. If the child can’t even pull up his pants and cross the street the best work on that before memorizing history dates. PS: This last piece sounds absurd but is happening all over the US due to NO Child left behind (in part) especially in special ed and early grades. Avail 50% Discount On essay writing service
laurenhooper
Registered Member

Thu May 23, 2019 10:26 am
I think the education system today is not good at all. It teaches kids basic skills needed to live in society, which is good, but educators everywhere forget about one major thing: student happiness. Kids must go to classes against their will and complete assignments that do not interest them. They also must take the work home and use their free time doing even more uninteresting assignments. The education system should instead allow kids to learn the things that interest them instead of deciding for them what they should learn Essay writing UK.
jalamo
Registered Member

Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 am
laurenhooper wrote:I think the education system today is not good at all. It teaches kids basic skills needed to live in society, which is good, but educators everywhere forget about one major thing: student happiness. Kids must go to classes against their will and complete assignments that do not interest them. They also must take the work home and use their free time doing even more uninteresting assignments. The education system should instead allow kids to learn the things that interest them instead of deciding for them what they should learn.

You're right in so many ways. The education system needs so many improvements. It has a lot of flaws, and I think that's why students are not interested to study in the first place. They search for the ways to cheat, and topics like this one, where students try to find the best essay writing services on Reddit are not uncommon. I'm a teacher and I try to motivate students to learn and write as hard as I can, but not all students are willing to listen. They're demotivated because of a lot of homework pressure and useless classes. All these factors lead to students turning to essay mills for help. There's also lack of fundamental, really important classes that would help students make their first steps into adulthood. High Schools, for instance, must implement a Finance Fundamentals class to teach kids about careers, salaries, credit, budgeting, money management, taking out a loan, buying a house and filing their taxes. This knowledge is important and I think that kids come out of High School unprepared.

Reply to topic