Reply to topic

cannot import ms Money 98 file

quentic
Registered Member

cannot import ms Money 98 file

Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:18 pm
Hi,

I'm trying to leave the last bit of Microsoft that I still use : MS Money 98.
I've read that skrooge can import .mny files, so I gave it a try.

Unfortunately, I receive a dialog box asking for a password though I have no password on my .mny file.
I tried to run MS Money again and put a password. But still Skrooge cannot import it after I enter the new password.

In another article, Stephane was suggesting to run :

mkdir /tmp/skrooge; java -cp ~/.skrooge/sunriise.jar com/le/sunriise/export/ExportToJSON "/home/christian/Documents/noscomptes7.mny" /tmp/skrooge && ls -artl /tmp/skrooge/*

I've done that and this is the error I get:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: JetFormat VERSION_3 does not currently support index lookups

I'm sure there must there must be something wrong in my .mny file: when I try with a new .mny file, the import works perfectly.

Thanks for helping
Christian
User avatar smankowski
OS

Re: cannot import ms Money 98 file

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:30 pm
Hello Christian,

Skrooge uses sunriise. jar to extract transactions from a mny file.
The mny file must not be password-protected.
In your case, sunriize cannot extract the data. Indeed, your file seems to contain data that is not compatible with sunriize.

You may want to try saving your mny file with a newer version of Microsoft Money (example: Microsoft Money Plus Sunset).
Otherwise, you can pass by the QIF format but some data will be lost (example: programmed operations).

Regards.
Stéphane

Skrooge, a personal finances manager powered by KDE
http://skrooge.org

Reply to topic