Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:40 pm
Hi, Just changed to a new box due to a drive failure, i am using PC-Linux fully updated, Internet is via btinternet.com, Kmail settings are as per BT instructions, Kmail receives all Ok. But when sending the mail goes into the Outbox, this happens the moment "send" is clicked, even before a password is entered. I have tried with stored password, and not stored, with the same result.
• Outgoing Mail Server: mail.btinternet.com
• Port: 465 (this may not be automatically populated on selection of SSL, so you'll need to check this)
• SSL Encryption: Enabled (but not STARTTLS)
• Authentication: PLAIN
• Username: your email address including the @btinternet or @btopenworld.com part
• Password: your btinternet password
Any suggestions most welcome, Dave P..
Registered users: albenson, Baidu [Spider], bassamanator, Bing [Bot], colstar, dixonpete, drspudbear, farid, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], metamorphosis, shairva, Sogou [Bot], Stephen Leibowitz, trixon, waynes, Yahoo [Bot]