Reply to topic

Simon Run Error

skeledrew
Registered Member

Simon Run Error

Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:00 am
Hi. This is my first post here. I just learned about Simon recently and I'm trying to get it working on my computer (Zorin OS 7.1). I have gotten many KDE libraries along with Simon installed, compiled and installed HTK, installed sphinx2, sphinxtrain, etc. Now I'm getting the error "Could not initialize scenarios and shadow dictionary." from trying to run Simon. Also, none of the other tools seem to be working such as Sam, Ksimond, etc as when I try running them nothin happens. How can I go about fixing this, as I'd really like to get a speech recognizer working. Thanks!

EDIT: I get this output when running from the terminal:
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave.
QFSFileEngine::open: No file name specified
bedahr
OS

Re: Simon Run Error

Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:33 pm
This is a fatal error message when something *really* goes wrong. In your case - especially as you're saying that "all the other tools" aren't working either, I'm guessing you didn't install Simon correctly.

How did you install Simon? Compiled from source? Please describe your steps as detailed as possible.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Peter

Reply to topic