Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:48 pm
I've been trying to make Simon work for the last 2 weeks with a French dictionnary but I did not succeed.
I tried different things but I cannot make Simon recognize the phonemes I use.
Here are the 3 main things I tried :
1) Brand new installation (all previous hidden configuration files removed before install). Configure Simon to work without base model. Work with the default Standard scenario.
I imported a Sphinx dictionnary as Shadow dictionnary. Found here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmusphinx/files/Acoustic%20and%20Language%20Models/French%20Language%20Model/
I add 3 words in the active dictionnary and recorded my voice on them.
Simon says it cannot find the associated phonemes: ERROR CODE #1below
2) Brand new installation. Configure Simon to use a Sphinx base model from here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmusphinx/files/Acoustic%20and%20Language%20Models/French%20F0%20Broadcast%20News%20Acoustic%20Model/
By specifiying 'mdef', 'means', ... files location.
- Don't check 'Adapt with training'. Simon cannot compile. It seams there are problems with the phonemes writing. ERROR CODE #2 below
- If I check 'Adapt with training', It goes directly to ERROR CODE #1
3) Configure Simon to use the same Sphinx model but I changed the files 'mdef' and 'noisedict' so that there are no '+' in the phonemes. '+' are recognized by Sphinx as noise but maybe there are problems for Simon ?
No more success.
As I don't know how to use Sphinx, is there a way to start without any base model and built one from Simon while specifying my own phonemes or the ones used in the Sphinx dic ?
Or can we add phonemes directly in Simon ?
I am not afraid of command lines but I did not find anything to modify a 'sbm' file directly or any other way to specify new phonemes in Simon.
Thanks for your help.
ERROR CODE #1
ERROR CODE #2
Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:53 am
sorry for the late reply, I just found this thread. If this is still relevant, I'd be happy to walk you through the setup.
First of all, those are some strange errors and some of them don't fit your description (for example, SPHINX says you have 7 words when you claim to have 3).
If you still have the data, I think it would be good if you could upload it somewhere and send me the link (either on here or per PM) so that I could take a look. I'd be interested in the folder ~/.kde/share/apps/simond (sometimes also ~/.kde4/..., depending on the distro).