Reply to topic

Starting using KDevelop for Plasma Widget development

yannsalmon
Registered Member
Hello,
I very recently switched from XFCE to KDE/Plasma and I found a Widget for displaying Places that I want to adapt to my needs (namely this one).

So I installed (via apt) kdevelop, plasma-framework, plasma-workspace and plasma-sdk and imported my fork of the git repo into Kdevelop, which recognised the CMakeLists.txt file and the different QML files.

However I am at a loss as to how to get Kdevelop to help me with Plasma modules. Indeed, the FullRepresentation.qml file imports the following
Code: Select all
import org.kde.plasma.core 2.0 as PlasmaCore
import org.kde.plasma.components 2.0 as PlasmaComponents
import org.kde.plasma.extras 2.0 as PlasmaExtras

But Kdevelop underlines this and says "Problem in Semantic analysis, module not found".

I would have expected basic system modules to be automatically searched. But the real problem is :
- I do not know where to configure this in Kdevelop (is it in the Project's Configuration / Language support ?)
- I do not know where the Plasma module definitions are located, and find it generally difficult to find information/help about Plasma (due to search engine results being clotted with blood plasma articles…).

Reply to topic